ReUnite Feedback from UK

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi I'm a UK store owner and wondered how the Intl or local domains will work.

I'd love to roll my store out internationally. it would also save me listing so much on Amazon.

Can you give me an idea of roll out and do we have to have local domains for our stores or can they just link to our .com globally? How will you deal with translations and import duties? Will it all still come through Shopifypay?

I found the update via YouTube really interesting and I am very confident in Shopify getting even better for its users and their customers. 

Thanks Karen 

Angels' Share Glass

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
322 27 51

Hi, @Karen_Somervil1!

Sophia here from Shopify. Thank you for your interest in the cross-boarder domains announcement! We're so excited to roll the feature out later in 2020. I don't have exact dates for the rollout at this time, but I can share what the domain management will look like in the admin. In fact, there's a video example of it here on the Shopify Blog if you'd like to take a look.

There will be a couple options for creating cross-boarder domains:

• Purchase a new top-level domain for each region (Using Shopify as an example, these would look like shopify.com,shopify.ca,shopify.co.uk, etc.)  and connect them under Online Store > Domainsor
  • Create free subdomains for each region (These would all end in your .com or .co.uk but begin with a specific regional abbreviation, likeca.shopify.com,uk.shopify.com, etc.)

You'll be able to assign country, currency, and languages to each domain. Duties are not determined by the domain settings. If you pay duties for your customers, you can work this into your product or shipping costs. Otherwise, you can inform customers in your shipping policy, FAQ, and perhaps even on product pages, that they may incur duties when receiving their order. More information on duties can be found here in our Help Center as well as here on the Shopify Blog: International Shipping: Everything You Need to Know to Deliver Beyond Your Borders.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

When it says "It means greater control over your product prices, enabling you to market and advertise effectively." does this mean we can fix the price of a product, without relying on live exchange rates at all? For certain commercial agreements fluctuating prices internationally can be problematic.

0 Likes