Shop Pay and Installments - Digital Goods Too?

Highlighted
1 0 0

This sounds like a great feature that we're super-excited to learn more about. The presenter said that it's integrated into Shop Pay, which gives me pause, because my understanding is that Shop Pay is for physical goods only (from the help center: "If your checkout does not require a shipping address, then your customers are not asked to opt in to Shop Pay.").

Does this mean that Installments will only work for physical goods?

If so, are there plans to enable Shop Pay for digital goods in the future?

We sell a number of high dollar digital items on a payment plan/installments now using ReCharge. It would be great if people can store payment information in Shop Pay to reduce future purchase friction in general and take advantage of this new installment feature.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
7 1 0

Good question, Klarna currently only accepts it for physical products so would be interested to see if this works for digital too.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hey Guys, 

We offer Four for Digital products at the moment via http://retailer.paywithfour.com/ 

Feel free to reach out with any Qs

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Hello ~ I am interested in trying the Four - Buy Now, Pay Later, however, although you (shopify) are promoting this in your video today, as I try to install the app, I get the warning message that Shopify has not reviewed this app. Be sure you trust this developer before you install. This is disappointing, why you would promote before reviewing? Can you help out with this confusion?

Thanks, Debra

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hey Debra, 

Sure thing - Would be happy to chat further. Please chat with us via Live Chat we'd be happy to answer any Q's :) 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
244 25 46

Hey, @syoumans 

At this time, we do not have specific details on the availability of Shop Pay installments for Digital Goods. However, you can join the waitlist at our website here to get updates on this feature in the near future.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like