Shopify has Changed Our Lives Reunite has us Super Excited

1 0 6

You guys are amazing, I want to tell you a quick story about what a difference you are making. After both me and my wife being out of work since march due to this virus. On April 15th My wife suffered a severe seizure, fell and broke her neck and back and had to be hospitalized. I could not be with her in the hospital due to the virus. It was the worst most terrifying experience of my life.

After she got out and close to $30,000 in medical bills we had no idea what we were going to do. She couldn't drive for the next 3 months and I couldnt leave her alone even if things started to get better from the corona virus. We came up with the idea to sell funny animal apparel on shopify.

I was able to use your 90 day trial to start our shopify store. On April 26 we opened gorillavibe.com and I got busy, while taking care of my injured wife, 11 animals at home, a child, the house and attending online college I have been able to design and create almost 200 products on our shopify store, set up the website and yesterday we hit our first $1,000 in our shopify store, now thats not even enough to pay rent but I can tell you that it has given us hope in one of the darkest times of our lives in such a time of uncertainty. If not for shopify I would have never been able to pull all of this off, from the free 90 trial to the ease of use and the quickness in which I can set up the store.

You have given us such an amazing potential future because of this amazing platform you have built. I will be a shopify customer FOR LIFE! I am now spending my days designing products and trying to market the store.

Things are still tough, My wife is slowly recovering and we face some uncertainty moving forward but your platform has really made a massive difference and the announcements you have made about the future of shopify have gotten me super excited about the future.

I really want to tell this story on a larger medium if possible with shopifys help because it really is amazing what I have been able to do with your platform and how it has helped us get through such a hard time and I feel its super relevant to your audience and even could inspire some people to start thier own stores because of the possibilities shopify creates for people.

If you were just 1 person I would freaking hug you and thank you. My wife Laura and I are eternally grateful for what you have built and the company that you are. THANK YOU SOOO MUCH - Albert Polanco - gorillavibe.com

6 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3170 239 526

Hi Albert @Albert_GorillaV,

Nick here from Shopify. I wanted to reply and thank you for letting us know your story and that it is great to know that Shopify has been able to help you during this time and can do so now hopefully in the future also. 

Wishing you the absolute best going forward and please don't hesitate to reach out if you ever have any questions about anything. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes