Add Draft Order to POS Cart

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
6 0 0

Is there any way possible that using the Shopify POS SDK I can add a Shopify Draft Order to the POS cart for the customer to pay in store?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
35 0 16

You can save carts using the POS app on the iPad. We use this feature frequently to create birthday parties in advance. I believe you can find it in the menu in the top right when building an order. You can later recall the cart for payment.

If you can’t find it then I’ll get a screenshot tomorrow.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
6 0 0

Thanks, Brandon

But what I'm trying to accomplish is someone creates a draft order via the Online Store, then comes into the store and pays for that draft order on the Shopify POS.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
35 0 16

Presumably because the person doesn’t have the POS app in front of them when creating the draft? Unfortunately I don’t see any way to pull up a draft order on the POS app.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
6 0 0

Not exactly,

What I'm thinking is an app that would allow you to "Reserve" something online without having to pay for it until you actually show up.

Say for example I had a store that made custom cakes. The customer could go online and put all the customizable details about frosting, lettering, and even flavor. They wouldn't pay for it then but just reserve it so that I could get it ready.

Then when they make it to the store I am easily look up our draft order for that cake and charge them via the POS.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi everbody,

My name is Max Sadlowski and I am the lead developer and CEO of BentoSMB Inc. We are looking to build out a Shopify POS application that solves your specific need and I would love to hear more about how we can do that. There is more information and a form to fill out if you can to give us more details about your needs. 

You can find the form here: https://forms.gle/u3p13uxK4grPB4z39

Please feel free to reach out directly as well if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Max

Max Sadlowski - CEO - BentoSMB - Shopify Expert
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
20 0 23

Hi, we created a new app to solve exactly this. It's called Draft And Custom Orders For POS, (https://apps.shopify.com/draft-and-custom-orders-for-pos)

Before this app, you would have to go into the Admin (on the computer) to create or edit a draft order, and then in order to checkout/charge a customer, you would have to email/send them the invoice link or charge them through your computer.

Now with this app, you can create a custom draft order right within POS, and you can add that draft order straight to the POS cart in order to checkout/charge the customer inside your retail store or in person. Much easier and simpler!

More info: https://www.lazertechnologies.com/blog/draft-and-custom-orders-for-shopify-pos

With Draft And Custom Orders For Shopify POS you can now do the following all within the Shopify POS app for any device:

1. Add existing products from your current inventory
  2. Create and attach a new service (including the length of the service, the per-hour rate, and any supplementary notes)
  3. Create and attach any new custom products that aren't currently in your inventory
  4. Specify a workflow status with your custom draft order (i.e. New, Estimate, Open, Pending, Completed)
  5. Create a new and/or attach an existing customer to the custom draft order
  6. Set a discount on the overall custom draft order
  7. Email the breakdown of the custom draft order to the selected customer
  8. Add the custom draft order straight to the POS cart
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

We need something similar.  The use case I have is we have a technician working on a repair job.  I want to keep a draft order until they've finalized all the charges/products.  Then i want to save it as an order that I can pull up on the POS for checkout and payment.  Right now our technician uses the full shopify/admin portal to create the draft order which is fine but, we can't pull it up in the POS for checkout.  If we did it on a Technician iPad...then it would be in a different cart than the checkout POS.   Any thoughts?

@ZainManji wrote:

Hi, we created a new app to solve exactly this. It's called Draft And Custom Orders For POS, (https://apps.shopify.com/draft-and-custom-orders-for-pos)

Before this app, you would have to go into the Admin (on the computer) to create or edit a draft order, and then in order to checkout/charge a customer, you would have to email/send them the invoice link or charge them through your computer.

Now with this app, you can create a custom draft order right within POS, and you can add that draft order straight to the POS cart in order to checkout/charge the customer inside your retail store or in person. Much easier and simpler!

More info: https://www.lazertechnologies.com/blog/draft-and-custom-orders-for-shopify-pos

With Draft And Custom Orders For Shopify POS you can now do the following all within the Shopify POS app for any device:

1. Add existing products from your current inventory
  2. Create and attach a new service (including the length of the service, the per-hour rate, and any supplementary notes)
  3. Create and attach any new custom products that aren't currently in your inventory
  4. Specify a workflow status with your custom draft order (i.e. New, Estimate, Open, Pending, Completed)
  5. Create a new and/or attach an existing customer to the custom draft order
  6. Set a discount on the overall custom draft order
  7. Email the breakdown of the custom draft order to the selected customer
  8. Add the custom draft order straight to the POS cart

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
20 0 23

Hi VoltaireCO,

Yes, this is 100% possible with https://apps.shopify.com/draft-and-custom-orders-for-pos. We have a lot of bike shops as customers who use it for that use case as well.

In your case, all of this can be done right within POS. For example when a customer comes in and requests a repair, you can go ahead and create "New Draft Order", select your customer, the workflow status (e.g. Open, Pending, etc), add whatever line items you want (e.g. 1 Hour Diagnostic for 60 minutes at $75 per hour), add any notes you want to specific line items or the draft order overall, create the draft order, and whenever you're ready add to cart.

Note, you don't need to add to cart right away... You can create the draft order, let it sit there, and you can always revisit that same draft order and make edits to it (e.g. adding new charges/repairs/line items), and then when you're ready to check out the customer, add it to the POS cart and checkout the customer in person.

All of this can be done within POS, no need for your staff member to go into Admin anymore. I've attached a sample image below.

Screen Shot 2020-04-12 at 1.46.04 PM.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
20 0 23

Hi VoltaireCO :)

Yes, this is 100% possible with our app. We have a lot of bike shops as customers who use it for that use case as well.

In your case, all of this can be done right within POS. For example when a customer comes in and requests a repair, you can go ahead and create "New Draft Order", select your customer, the workflow status (e.g. Open, Pending, etc), add whatever line items you want (e.g. 1 Hour Diagnostic for 60 minutes at $75 per hour), add any notes you want to specific line items or the draft order overall, create the draft order, and whenever you're ready add to cart.

Note, you don't need to add to cart right away... You can create the draft order, let it sit there, and you can always revisit that same draft order and make edits to it (e.g. adding new charges/repairs/line items), and then when you're ready to check out the customer, add it to the POS cart and checkout the customer in person.

All of this can be done within POS, no need for your staff member to go into Admin anymore. I've attached a sample image below.

Screen Shot 2020-04-12 at 1.50.58 PM.png

0 Likes