Add Draft Order to POS Cart

ZainManji
Shopify Partner
25 0 31
Hi VoltaireCO :)

Yes, this is 100% possible with our app. We have a lot of bike shops as
customers who use it for that use case as well.

In your case, all of this can be done right within POS. For example when a
customer comes in and requests a repair, you can go ahead and create "New
Draft Order", select your customer, the workflow status (e.g. Open,
Pending, etc), add whatever line items you want (e.g. 1 Hour Diagnostic for
60 minutes at $75 per hour), add any notes you want to specific line items
or the draft order overall, create the draft order, and whenever you're
ready add to cart.

Note, you don't need to add to cart right away... You can create the draft
order, let it sit there, and you can always revisit that same draft order
and make edits to it (e.g. adding new charges/repairs/line items), and then
when you're ready to check out the customer, add it to the POS cart and
checkout the customer in person.

All of this can be done within POS, no need for your staff member to go
into Admin anymore. I've attached a sample image below.

[image: image.png]

Viet1700
4 0 0

Hi Brandon, I cannot find this feature, could you please send a screenshot ?

Many thanks

0 Likes
codyb13
Excursionist
14 0 3

Hi @ZainManji - is it possible to do this with the online store as well? e.g. create a draft order, add it to the online store cart, then checkout? 

0 Likes
ZainManji
Shopify Partner
25 0 31
Not for only store just yet. Just for POS at the moment!
0 Likes
codyb13
Excursionist
14 0 3

But is it feasible from an API standpoint? I was under the impression each line item in the cart needed to have an associated variantId, whereas draft orders allow for custom line items. 

0 Likes
VoltaireCO
Tourist
11 0 2

Hi, thanks i missed this message.  Here's the challenge we still have, we use a different device in the service shop vs. the checkout station.  We don't have our service techs, check people out so we don't have a cash drawer, card reader, etc at the service bay.  So we need to be able to send to a different devise so I don't thin the cart function will work as that's device specific.  Maybe I'm wrong?    WHich product is yours?

0 Likes
VoltaireCO
Tourist
11 0 2

Does this work with different devices?  Our shop techs do not do checkouts. We need them to create the order, add to it as they're working the service job and then finalize it.  Then we need it to go to the POS for checkout.  We don't keep a full checkout station at the service bay

0 Likes
Max_Sadlowski
Shopify Expert
65 1 31

@VoltaireCO Draft Orders for POS is the app you want in this situation. It let's you save back to Shopify directly, and then any other device will be able to see it and pull it into the cart right away. So you can easily start and save the draft on one 

Max Sadlowski - CEO - BentoSMB - Shopify Expert
0 Likes
Jewelcam
Explorer
48 0 16

@ZainManji after creating the draft order and let's say the person wants to pay a deposit i.e. 10% down in person. Then one limitation with Shopify POS is that if you need to remove any item from that ticket you can not once a partial payment has been made to it. The next problem is once the customer pays down on that draft order it becomes a Sale order in the reporting and it will look like you have collected all the money for the whole ticket in the "Sales" reporting. Therefore you do not know the actual tax owed to the state/county. 

0 Likes
ZainManji
Shopify Partner
25 0 31

@VoltaireCO  Yes, it works across different devices. Our app is: https://apps.shopify.com/draft-and-custom-orders-for-pos 

Your techs will be able to pull up the draft order, and add/remove to and from that draft order as they need be.

Then whenever you're ready and done, you can go back to your POS to checkout the customer once and for all.

0 Likes