Add extra field for Shipping info to POS

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
11 0 3

Hi there,

My client needs to collect information relating to Delivery information through the POS.  The notes field won't work, as we are using the field for a "Card Message".  (The client is a flower shop.)

Will it be possible for an expert to add a field to this workflow?

2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
9 0 1

Hey Jordan, thanks so much for reaching out. Could you give me an example of a note you'd like to include with shipping? Is it merchant or customer facing? Or perhaps both?

UX Researcher | Shopify
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
11 0 3

Hi Alena, the note would be merchant facing. It would include delivery details.

E.g. the existing note field would be used for the card message. (The merchant is a florist.) So the card message might be "Congratulations on your promotion!"

An additional note field would be used for delivery details.  E.g. Deliver on Nov 12 at 4pm

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
9 0 1

Thank you Jordan – this is really helpful! Let me chat with the team about it and see what the implementation details of this are.

UX Researcher | Shopify
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
11 0 3

Thanks Alena.  What would be ideal is if there was a workflow for adding additional metadata fields to the Checkout.

So in the settings of the POS, I could add Metadata 1, 2, 3 etc. to the checkout, naming each one and choosing the field type. I.e. Single line, Paragraph, dropdown, calendar, etc.  When activated, the fields would show up in the dropdown or somewhere elegant in the workflow.  I think that would create a HUGE amount of flexibility for all your clients...

0 Likes