Adding Line Items to POS

Shopify Partner
13 0 1

Does anyone know of a way to add line items to Shopify pos? 

It would be a massive help if a user could hand type a barcode or SKU and have that item added directly to the current POS sale. 

The way to do this currently is by using the search function to find the product and then add it to the current sale. This way is too slow for a busy retail store. The process is made worse when looking for a product which is a child of a multi variant product. 

Has anyone else had issues with this or come up with a solution? 

Shopify is ace
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
510 0 81

Hey there, 

I'm Ann, from the team here at Shopify :)

I can definitely see how a feature like that would be helpful for you and for other merchants who use our POS system. While this isn't something that's an option now, I am going to pass this along to our team for you. We're always looking to get feedback from merchants who use our platform, and hopefully from this feedback, this would be something that we add to our POS system in the future! 

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us on this thread :) 

Have a great one,
Ann

Ann | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
13 0 1

Hi, 

I really hope your team does consider this feature. It would be very simple for you to implement and is a feature of most other successful POS systems. It's almost a basic requirement as it's virtually impossible to have a barcode on every product

Shopify is ace
0 Likes