Adding the POS Customer info to the New Order Notification

Highlighted
3 0 0

Because the POS app does not save the customer information as the billing address of the customer, I can't seem to get the customer's address information added to the new order notification.  Here's my code:

<p><b>Customer Address:</b><br />
     {{ customer.name }}<br />
     {{ address.street }}<br />
     {{ address.city }}, {{address.province_code}}<br />
     {{ address.zip }}<br />
</p>

I can get it if I For-Loop the customer information.  But if a customer ends up coming back and purchasing something else under another address, it'll add all addresses to the notification email.

Is there a method to just pull one address?  Say the default address?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
500 1 56

Hi Mark,

My name is Anne, on the Guru team. Thanks so much for getting in touch with us!

• I hope I am understanding what you mean :) The POS app on ipad should allow you to save your customers shipping address from the POS to your admin, and this is the address pulled to the new order notification- https://docs.shopify.com/pos/using-pos/operational-screens-shopify-pos/cart/add-shipping
  • To ensure that this saves for you, you'd need to enter the correct postcode.
  • This should then add it to the new order notification automatically!

Please can you let me know if you tried this out and how you found it worked for you? Thanks Mark!

Warm regards,

Anne

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

We've been saving the customer address information in the "Add Customer", not in the "Add Shipping" address information.  Which is the best practice for this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
500 1 56

Hi Mark,

Thanks for coming back to me! I have investigated this since your reply and it looks like this isn't working on your store so I am going move this post to email :)

I'll be in touch sooon, thanks so much!

Warm regards,

Anne

0 Likes