All POS Orders added to online orders and notification e-mail from every order?

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
695 73 110

Thank you all for your feedback! We really appreciate your help in letting us know how to continually improve the platform to make it work better for you and your business.

@camdobyer  and @stel07, your feedback has now been submitted. Thanks for being candid in your concerns; @camdobyer, I can see how this can be an inconvenience. Have you considered temporarily turning the push notifications off on your mobile app, and instead enabling email notifications for your online orders only? The steps to set your email notifications by location can be found in an earlier reply within this thread, posted on 10-25-2019.

@ReadisonLtd, thanks for checking in on the status of this request. I don’t have any updates in regards to it’s progress at this time. As you can imagine there are a lot of feature requests being consistently received, and so it can take time to work through them all. The more requests for a particular feature, the better though. Therefore, I have also submitted a request for this on your behalf too! I recommend keeping an eye on the Shopify Changelog for the most up-to-date information on changes and improvements on the platform.

@mikea001, I appreciate your addition to this thread. There is an option within the POS Settings to auto fulfill in-store orders for when your customer leaves with their purchase. Enabling auto fulfill would then auto archive them as well. See here for more information about this. Is this what you were looking for?

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted

@Helen 

mikea001, I appreciate your addition to this thread. There is an option within the POS Settings to auto fulfill in-store orders for when your customer leaves with their purchase. Enabling auto fulfill would then auto archive them as well. See here for more information about this. Is this what you were looking for?

We already automatically fulfill our orders and they do not automatically archive.

We are actually looking to remove our automatic fulfillment settings due to operational changes.

I would strongly suggest that Shopify treat the POS orders different to Web orders otherwise issues will persist.

This just seems to obvious but couldn't Shopify just segregate the orders tab so that POS orders are filters somewhere else? For example:

• Web Orders
  • POS Orders (only enabled with POS sales channel enabled)
  • Drafts
  • Abandoned Checkouts

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
695 73 110

Thanks for the quick reply, @mikea001! Could you please confirm that the orders that do not automatically archive, are orders where your customers make the purchase and leave with the product from your retail location immediately? Because at this time these are the only types of orders that should be automatically fulfilling and archiving. Orders that are being shipped or picked up, as explained in the link I provided in the last post (see below), will not be automatically fulfilled and archived. I'd like to be sure we look into it for you so that everything is functioning as it should.

20-10-lo9q4-9196h

I’m happy to pass along your feedback for segregating the actual orders page by order type. Any additional details about the functionality you are looking for would be greatly appreciated; The more specific information I can pass onto the developers, the better! For example, have you been making use of the built-in feature where you can filter by sales channel and other parameters like fulfillment status too to make it easier to organize when needed as seen below? 

20-10-rq3vc-pgyuw

Once filtered by channel and status for example, orders can then be archived in bulk from the More actions button, as seen here:

20-10-rkk47-4j052

What are the roadblocks you are facing using this filtering option? I’ll keep an eye out for your reply.

0 Likes
Highlighted
They are products sold from our POS that do not archive automatically
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
695 73 110

Thanks for clarifying! I’d like to take a look at it from my end and possibly loop in the Tech team to fix this up for you. Therefore, please keep an eye out for my email so that we can proceed. 

Thanks!

0 Likes