Alternative to Shopify POS

Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 3

We "upgraded" to Shopify POS Pro and am really not happy with it.  We don't mind paying up to $100usd for something better.  I checked the shopify app store and didn't see anything.  The POS must synch inventory with shopify as we sell online and have a brick and mortar store.  Any recommendations? 

Highlighted
Excursionist
37 0 24

+1!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 2

We were originally a Lightspeed POS customer and had no ecom.  At the time two years ago they didn't have many apps for their ecom so we decided to move everything to Shopify which seemed great for the ecom.  We figured we coudl look away at the glaring missing features of the Shopify POS system to help boost our online sales.  While the ecom worked out very well the POS continued to disappoint it was not until I was traveling and Covid struck and I was away from the store for several months that it really came to a head.  I had a manager robbing me blind and it was virtually undetectable since all the register reports resided locally on the store Ipad and I was not able to see any of the reports on the admin side.  We ultimately ended up going back to Lightspeed for both retail and ecom to find out the ecom really had not grown much.  Now we are back in the process of going to what i hope is the ultimate setup. 

We will be using Lightspeed Retail for the brick and mortar store as it is hands down the better option for use in a retail environment.  Inventory, Layaways, Credit Accounts, Reporting in admin for all things register, vendor returns, etc.

We will be using Shopify for the ecom portion of the business as it is by far the most supported in the ways of app development and is much easier to make work for the average person working on the site

We will be tying the two software systems together with a service from a company called Accumula which syncs customers, orders, and products etc and seems to be working well so far even pushing channel orders through to shopify and then to Lightspeed with a great amount of detail.

The best part is as a business owner I get the best of both worlds and do very little in the shopify software app except for store design etc.  We have a long way to go to get it perfect but for the first time in several years I finally feel and trust the systems to do their jobs and trust the data that it is giving me

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 3

Thanks for the reply.  I will look into what you suggested.

Cheers

0 Likes