Anybody in the Netherlands are using shopify POS system

xiao1
2 0 0

What would be the experience? 

Contact serval company locally, they all told me it doesn't working very well in NL. 

0 Likes
Anne_M
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
498 1 59

Hi Xiao,

Thanks for posting on the forums!

If you are using Shopify POS in the Netherlands, you can use the POS apps for iPad, iPhone and Android, and the POS hardware excluding the Shopify Card Readers, which are not available outside the US at this time!

So that includes the Barcode scanner, Cash drawer, Receipt printer- and all of the supported items can be purchased through a google search, once the device model matches the ones we support, they will work for you!

When you use your own card reader, you are able to mark your payment method in the POS, and thought the credit card itself wouldn't be processed in the POS, all other information like inventory, discounts, customer details and cart notes can be tracked in there- and the Shopify POS would sync with your online store!

Here is a link to the POS features page and you can also checkout our POS webinar here too!

We do get customers in Europe using our POS system, so if you could give us some more infomration on what you mean when you say working well, I'll be able to see what I can find out for you!

Have a great day Xiao!

Warm regards,

Anne

0 Likes
Capital
Excursionist
24 0 18

We are using the shopify POS in the Netherlands. Mostly because the integration with our old POS wasn't working well.

Shopify POS is very easy to use, but also very limited in what it can do and is imho missing a lot of important features. As far as I can see all the functions that are available in the US are also available in NL, except for the card reader. However we are using a separate card reader and that works fine.

0 Likes
xiao1
2 0 0

Thanks Captial, 

I think we will give it try as well. 

0 Likes
Franziska_Sperb
1 0 0

Hello,

what card readerare you using? we are currently tryinf to find out which one works...

0 Likes