Anyone else afraid of Shopify dropping the POS portion of their service altogether?

Joshua_Barraza
Shopify Partner
30 0 6

Seems like the POS gets less and less love every month. Shopify support doesn't even really seem trained on POS products. I'm becoming increasingly afraid that shopify will drop POS altogether and leave my business high and dry. Not a good feeling considering we haven't even been on the platform for 2 years yet. How do we reach corporate and tell them to increase resources for POS development and support? 

0 Likes
Shopify_David
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
64 0 14

Hi Joshua,

Sorry to hear that you feel like this. In fact, the complete opposite is true - we are quickly growing the size of our design and development teams and have many long awaited exciting features being worked on, soon to be announced. We promise we have much more planned for the product.

What are some specific features you're waiting for or problems you're having?

Cheers,

David

0 Likes
Joshua_Barraza
Shopify Partner
30 0 6

I have three support tickets open right now mostly relating to payment processing and the Bluetooth card reader.

Glad to hear that it'll be ramping up because it sorely needs attention. 

0 Likes
Shopify_David
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
64 0 14

Joshua - This isn't good. I'll send you an email to discuss further.

0 Likes
PROMeera
Shopify Partner
13 0 1

Shopify David, when will there be annoucements? 

Shopify is ace
Dale_Seymour1
1 0 1

Glad (maybe relieved is a better word) to hear I am not the only one having these issues.  I am so frustrated with the lack of support and responsiveness regarding the POS app.  I am unable to process any transactions using the shopify card reader and no real information is being provided as to what the issue is - just "we're working on it" .  Its not acceptable and at this point - while I really like the shopify platform, in just about every other way its perfect for my business  - I will have to look into other options.   

Helene
5 0 0

Hi, all. I'm looking to speak with a merchant who uses Shopify's POS in an offline environment. I have some questions about what works well and areas for improvement. Would you or others in this forum be willing to share your experience to help me learn?

0 Likes
Joshua_Barraza
Shopify Partner
30 0 6

Helene, is it even possible to use Shopify POS offline? Maybe if you're taking cash only?

0 Likes