Automatic Discount not working on products in POS store

nomadbrad
Tourist
3 0 11

This is so important for the holidays, it's a very standard feature, no 3rdparty apps do it right and everyone is telling Shopify we don't want to do workarounds with collections, we just want the ability to discount properly in POS especially since you're charging $90 a month per location.

Pitchpro
Tourist
5 0 4

Again, a very basic piece of functionality not working on POS.

The POS is abssolutely not fit for purpose as an "omni channel" solution. I'd like to hear a justification for this serious flaw.

Loraine59
1 0 0

Hello! Just checking in to see if the automatic discount option will be added to POS soon?

Lauren

0 Likes
ioannouc
2 0 0

I would also like to be informed of this. It's a very basic function, one of many basic functions missing from a Shopify POS that is sadly not up to standard for omni-channel retailers.

0 Likes
Tira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
876 47 139

Hi, all. 

Thanks for your feedback. I just want to let you know that we have forwarded all of your feedback to our developers to work on improving this. I'm unable to provide a timeline as all things in development depend on a number of factors, but it is something we are aware of and are working on. 

If you have any examples that you would like to share if what you would like to see, please post them here and I can absolutely send these up to our team so that they are aware. Our Shopify POS was designed to accommodate new features as we continue to develop it and incorporate important feedback like this, we're unable to provide any guarantees on which features will be included. You can view a list of the current features, here: Choosing your POS App Subscription.  

As a workaround, you can use a third-party app from the Shopify App Store like, Ultimate Special Offers by Pixel Union, which works with the POS. You can also create discount codes and train your staff to manually add the discounts during each sale

Cheers,

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Kia
Tourist
13 0 2

Hi

Has there been an update on this? Please advise. This is a really important feature.

12Kathy
1 0 2

Hi, this issue is already more than a year?
Hello Shopify, when you will fix this very important feature?

TwentyDegrees
2 0 2

Add me to the list of frustrated shopkeepers wanting this error corrected. That this has been on your radar for MORE THAN A YEAR and remains unresolved is utterly absurd and speaks to how little the developers care about the POS channel. I would like to be notified in the event this glitch ever gets resolved. It is crucial for inventory management and seamless operation of a multi-channel business to be able to have an integrated BOGO or any other automatic discount offer. FIX THIS NOW, Shopify. 

antony8
Tourist
4 0 3

This is still a problem for us as well. We’ve been using Shopify POS for roughly six months & the amount of problems/issues we are having are stacking up. If the developers have known about this issue for over a year, why isn’t there more of a push to find a resolution?

0 Likes
Tira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
876 47 139

Thanks for your feedback, @TwentyDegrees and @antony8. I understand that having automatic discounts through Shopify POS would be beneficial for your business. I’ve gone ahead and forwarded your feedback to our developers. If we move forward with this feature, we will reach out to you and all of our merchants. We will also update our changelog or announcements pages. If you have any additional feedback, I am open to hearing it and I am happy to add it to your feedback to our developer team.

Cheers,

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes