Automatic Discount not working on products in POS store

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
274 36 31

Hey, @OddNodd & @Terry_Kast.

Thank you for sharing this workaround, @Terry_Kast! This will be extremely helpful for others looking for a similar workaround in the meantime. I understand this workaround is more labor intensive and the 'Compare at' allows for discount stacking, both aren't ideal experiences for our merchants. I want to acknowledge this and let everyone know that I’ve forwarded this request to our developers on having automatic discounts work with our POS. As a reminder, if Shopify moves forward with this feature request - you can find it in our changelog or announcements page.

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

when can we expect the automatic discount to apply to POS?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
274 36 31

Hey, @Nader2020.

Thank you for getting in touch and sharing your interest for this function. I understand you’re also looking for the automatic discounts to work with our POS. I'll go ahead and add you to the feature request; however, I’m afraid there isn’t a time frame that I can provide for a feature to be implemented. That said, if Shopify moves forward with this feature request - you will be able to find it in our changelog or announcements page.

0 Likes
2 0 0

I too think that the automatic discounts should be made available for Shopify POS.    If we have a one day sale on boots (for example), we don't want to be changing prices back and forth after the sale is over.     In fact, it would be very useful to be able to select which sales channel the Automatic discount would be applied to (ie: Online or instore or both).   Shopify seems to forget the "Brick & Mortar Store" side of things.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Could I please get added to the request ticket as well in order to be notified when Buy X Get Y is able to be used on POS?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
274 36 31

Hey, @PeterE & @MCCUUP.

Thank you for posting and we value your feedback on this. I’ve gone ahead and added both of you to the feature request. Once again, we won’t have a timeline on this; however, if Shopify moves forward with any new features, we’ll announce the updates on our changelog or announcements page.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I have to agree with others that not being able to set up a discount for specific products for a specific date range is standard with all pos systems.  I really hope this is something they fix soon because applying a discount to each item is a lot for staff to remember when you have lots of products and in my case during a busy event easy to overlook and miss something.  It feel like something that should be simple enough to do when it already works for online.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
274 36 31

Hey, @jcurtiss.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and we value your feedback. I understand that having the automatic discounts work on the POS will help with your staffs workflow and I can imagine how difficult it is to remember a number of promotions. That said, I’d be happy to share this feedback as a feature request with our developers. If Shopify moves forward with this feature request - you will be able to find it in our changelog or announcements page. If you have any other questions or feedback on this topic, don’t hesitate to let me know in this thread!

0 Likes