Automatic Discount not working on products in POS store

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 7

This is so important for the holidays, it's a very standard feature, no 3rdparty apps do it right and everyone is telling Shopify we don't want to do workarounds with collections, we just want the ability to discount properly in POS especially since you're charging $90 a month per location.

Highlighted
4 0 0

Again, a very basic piece of functionality not working on POS.

The POS is abssolutely not fit for purpose as an "omni channel" solution. I'd like to hear a justification for this serious flaw.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello! Just checking in to see if the automatic discount option will be added to POS soon?

Lauren

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I would also like to be informed of this. It's a very basic function, one of many basic functions missing from a Shopify POS that is sadly not up to standard for omni-channel retailers.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
740 39 125

Hi, all. 

Thanks for your feedback. I just want to let you know that we have forwarded all of your feedback to our developers to work on improving this. I'm unable to provide a timeline as all things in development depend on a number of factors, but it is something we are aware of and are working on. 

If you have any examples that you would like to share if what you would like to see, please post them here and I can absolutely send these up to our team so that they are aware. Our Shopify POS was designed to accommodate new features as we continue to develop it and incorporate important feedback like this, we're unable to provide any guarantees on which features will be included. You can view a list of the current features, here: Choosing your POS App Subscription.  

As a workaround, you can use a third-party app from the Shopify App Store like, Ultimate Special Offers by Pixel Union, which works with the POS. You can also create discount codes and train your staff to manually add the discounts during each sale

Cheers,

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes