Automatically delete styles once they are sold

Sandra3
Tourist
9 0 1

I run a vintage store and I have a bulk of product that I sell in store only (that is only available on my POS) and I have key collections that I feature online.

The products that are POS only are organized Product Types and Price points. ie. Women's LS Blouses...$18, $20, etc...

The products that are online are one of a kind and of course offered both in store and online. That said, once they are sold out I want the products deleted from my site and from my store. 

Can you someone advise the work flow of this? I think this would happen once a month when I do my end of month reconciliations.

Is there a way to create an auto delete of those styles once they are sold?

Is it simple enough to manage?

Sandra

0 Likes
Alex23
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
523 1 104

Hey, Sandra!

My name is Alex, I'm a guru here at Shopify!

There isn't a means to delete products automatically within Shopify; as there isn't a way to recover products that are deleted, if there were ever a product deleted in error it'd require re-creating the item from scratch.  I can suggest a workflow to make managing those products easier, however!

If you're using automated collections, there's an inventory stock condition you can set.  If you create a collection where the condition is inventory stock > 0, those products will no longer appear in your store once they're sold out, like so:

There's a guide with more information on this right over here - there's also information there about overriding the default catalog collection, to ensure that these items are completely hidden.  The products would still exist in your store's admin, however; but during your month end you could access those products to delete them in bulk.  You can do so by clicking on the inventory header to sort by stock level, and then using bulk actions to delete any products with an inventory level of 0.

Alternately, there is an app in the app store that might suit your needs.  I should point out that this app is not currently listed as recommendable, though this doesn't necessarily mean that it's not a good app!  It may simply be too new, or not have enough user ratings yet.  It's called Syncify - Auto Hide/Delete Products, and has a 14 day free trial so that you can check it out before committing; if you choose to give it a try, I'd suggest backing up your product list via CSV before installing, just in case you see unexpected results!

Hope that's helped!  Please feel free to let me know, and you can always give us a call or start a live chat at any time.  We're open 24/7 for your convenience and always happy to assist!

Cheers,

Alex | Shopify Guru

0 Likes