Barcode Printer POS

Highlighted
Excursionist
39 0 33

hi guys,

we are trying to install the barcode printer app. We have a Dymo 450 installed and working (we can print from vend perfectly) and with the recommended dymo label software as per app installation notes. We also have the Barcode printer app installed and its working fine but when we click on 'Print Barcode' we just get a 'loading..' message and nothing is sent to the printer! We have tried on two different PC's - where can we get support on this app?

thanks!

Cyril

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
15 0 1

I am having a similar issue. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
233 0 27

Hi Cyril, Tiffany,

This looks to be caused because there is no barcode number assigned to the product variant you are trying to print. You can assign barcodes automatically or manually like this: http://docs.shopify.com/pos/about-pos/barcode-printing/assign-barcodes#assign-manually

We will be improving our error message here very soon.

Hope this helps,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
39 0 33

Hi andrew, the products we are trying to print do have barcodes assigned to the variants ..

Cyril

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
233 0 27

Hi Cyril,

I'll contact you directly for examples. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

I am having trouble printing the barcodes as well.  I have spent 3 days trying to make this work and I am nearing the end of my patience and about to move to a new system.  PLEASE HELP.  I can get one to print but then it keeps rolling out labels.  Like it is printing multiple pages.  It is generating the barcode using your app but when I go to the POS and scan it, nothing comes up!  This is a POS system, the biggest part of POS is scanning barcodes and this seems to be a missing part of your system.  You can't offer POS if it doesn't act like one.  Please contact me asap to get this fixed or we will have to move to another company that can offer Web, Inventory, and POS that works.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
233 0 27

Hi Nicole,

I can get one to print but then it keeps rolling out labels. 

Not sure what you mean here. Are you using a Dymo LabelWriter 450? Are the multiple labels it's printing out blank?

It is generating the barcode using your app but when I go to the POS and scan it, nothing comes up! 

My guess is that this is because your Socket Mobile CHS 7Ci barcode scanner is configured in keyboard mode instead of iOS mode. To switch the barcode scanner to iOS mode you just need to scan the iOS Mode barcode in the barcode manual. It's also on page 3 of this document: http://www.socketmobile.com/pdf/data-collection/command-barcodes-sheet-7C.pdf

Let me know if this helps. We will be include this barcode inside our POS app in future updates. 

This is a POS system, the biggest part of POS is scanning barcodes and this seems to be a missing part of your system.  You can't offer POS if it doesn't act like one. 

Of course, this is definitely the exception to the norm. I'll do everything I can to get this working for you as soon as possible.

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

None of this worked.  I am using Dymo Labelwriter 450.  I scanned the code you said and it still does the same thing.  Nothing.  It pulls in the numbers of the barcode but not the item.  When it continues to print, yes they are blank labels.  Can you be specific of what type of Barcode Symbology I should have selected?  I have tried them all to no avail.  I am allowing it to set the barcodes and then using your app to try and print them.  Then I have also tried the Dymo to create a custom label.  I have also tried the Printout Designer App, still nothing is working.  I have over 10,000 products that I will be importing and all of them already have barcodes assigned and labels printed and on the products and I do not want to lose all of this in integrating to a new system.  I plan on importing the products and the label info and using the socket scanner and the POS to process the in-store sales.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
233 0 27

Update: After speaking with Nicole over the phone we were able to fix the barcode scanning issue. We found that the barcode scanner was not being added to Settings->Hardware in the Shopify POS app. This was odd and unexpected behaviour so we 1) turned off the barcode scanner (pressed both the scan button and power button at the same time and 2) reset the iPad 3) reinstalled Shopify POS. We then followed the instructions here: http://docs.shopify.com/pos/about-pos/troubleshoot/barcode-scanner and everything worked. 

The printing of multiple barcodes was a Dymo issue so Nicole contacted them for support. I believe that was fixed as well.

1 Like
Highlighted
4 0 0

Shopify Support, Andrew, was amazing.  He worked with me until we solved the problem.  I think that have won a customer from me, or Sweet Teas Boutique.  Thanks again Shopify and Andrew for the amazing support.

0 Likes