Barcode not recognized

Solved
BLSAOE1
1 0 0

How do I do this?   Where do I find the product specific barcode?

0 Likes
KalM
3 0 0

You have to go into your Shopify Admin panel (via app or browsing to --> [your store URL]/admin) then browse to "All Products" and run a search.

In general, if you scan a barcode that is not recognized, the app will give you an opportunity to add it to an existing product or create a new one.

0 Likes
IvanWine
Tourist
8 0 0

If you consider yourself a teeny bit tech savvy, you can grab the programming guide on sockets site, and scan in one of the codes that will tell it to ignore leading zeros with that type of barcode.
It wont be found in the regular manual.  You will need to grab the programming guide.  Make sure it is for your model.

this is the page for the S700
https://www.socketmobile.com/support/downloads/socketscan-700-series

0 Likes
Deborah_Eisenst
Tourist
8 0 2

I'm having the same issue.  All barcodes were working fine and today several are not recognized. 

I've deleted the barcodes for several products and had them recreated but are still not recognized.  

Please help!!!!

0 Likes
KingsStat
Excursionist
37 1 7

We keep getting issues like this.

Shopify POS is one of the most unfit-for-purpose commercial offerings I've had the misfortune to get landed with...

The inconsistency is beyond belief and I often regret going down the Shopify route.

joroman2k
Excursionist
29 1 6

I know this thread was 6 months ago. But we were shut down almost as soon as we tried to open and this weekend had a re opening event. Of all the things that went wrong my barcodes on the labels were not recognized buy Shopify POS. There also was no opportunity to add it on the fly. I sold many of one item that was "Hot" that day and wound up with a line as I typed the product info manually for each sale.  My barcodes all start with Letters indicating the wholesale source and some other info that we use internally. So I have no leading 0's to add or remove. Example: "ORSTP001". I did notice that when I print different barcode formats on a label I get some formats that are read and others that are not able to be scanned. And yet they a) worked or seemed to work before and b) are all standard barcode formats made by my DYMO printer app.

Any additional progress on this?

Thanks.

John

0 Likes
IvanWine
Tourist
8 0 0

I’m not sure as to the used to work and don’t now, but as for all the dymo barcodes being standard: yes. However, one must program the barcode reader to read the barcodes one wishes to use. 

for the way we do things, we need a scanner for a pc, for when we scan in new product into inventory, and a scanner for iPad for the POS. They both need to read the same barcodes without adding or omitting any characters. We still have some trouble, because some of the graphic novels that come from a specific publisher often are missing the +5, so I have to update Shopify by scanning the barcode in. 

also, this doesn’t help you at all now, but

you can add custom buttons to POS for items, or collections, or discounts   And you can have multiple panels, that you can slide between 

on the second screen, I have snacks, non alcoholic and alcoholic drinks  I have those 3 collections and also a few top sellers  - note, it’s super useful to have these collections have a quantity greater than zero rule, so it’s easier to find what you are looking for quickly  

this is also super useful for the items we sell a lot of that don’t have barcodes  

0 Likes