Barcode not recognized

Solved
Highlighted
3 0 0
Hi
I’m having a problem with Shopify POS app on iPad. I’m trying to scan a barcode of the product and it keeps saying barcode not recognized and not assigned to a product. I have in fact assigned barcodes to the products
Please assist
Thanks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Please screenshot the barcode on the product page, and then screenshot the error that the tablet is giving you when you scan it.
1 year e-commerce, 7 years B&M store. www.shopbraeheid.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi

Thank you for your response. Please see below:

Image-1.jpgScreenshot 2020-01-26 at 16.34.42.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

We are having the same issues. We got the Socket Mobil to pair to our iPad but it the Shopify app produces an error message saying "barcode not recognized".

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
45 2 15

This is an accepted solution.

I just had this problem and it was solved by Shopify Support's suggestion to check if any of the barcodes have been stored with a leading 0. When I removed the leading 0, the UPCs were recognized.

What's a little weird though is that prior to making this change, typing in the UPC code (without the zero) brought up the product but not the specific variant even though the UPC barcode is per variant.

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

This ever get figured out i'm having the some problems..Same result as in the picture posted on this thread

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
45 2 15
In the variant barcode field, try adding or removing the leading 0.
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thank you this worked for me :) 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

it did not work for me.  This is frustrating Shopify!  I am able to scan with Shopify app but not Shopify POS app.  Any one has any other solution?  thanks in advance.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

The solution I found was to delete the product barcode and save it with the barcode field blank. Then I rescan the barcode and the POS recognized it.

0 Likes