Barcode type

Highlighted
3 0 1

I've generated some barcodes with the "assign barcode" function in the barcode app.

If I use the the built in function within the barcode printer app to print these barcodes to my Labelwriter 450' the barcode and text in the supplied template prints okay. However, I don't have the correct size labels, so I am trying to create customized labels through the Dymo LabelWriter software. I have exported the codes in a cvs file and these are picked up in the Dymo application....BUT the actual barcode graphic displays a message "invalid barcode data". I have tried changing the property of the barcode object selecting in turn all of the barcode types that the Dymo app has for this object....but none of these seem to work.

Does anyone know what the barcode type is that the Shopify barcode application generator outputs? An example of a couple of the codes I have generated are; 36828199 & 40429407 ie 8 digit numeric.

Steve

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
8 0 3

Hey Steve,

All of the templates for the Barcode Printer app use "Code 128 Auto" for their barcode symbology. Some barcode types only allow an even number of characters, while others have different constraints. 128 Auto should work fine for your needs.

Take a look through our docs on creating custom labels if you haven't already: http://docs.shopify.com/pos/about-pos/hardware/supported-hardware/barcode-printer#customize-labels

Hope that helps!

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 1

Thanks for that, Auto 128 worked fine...

I thought I had tried all of the types, clearly I missed that one.

Thanks again...

Steve

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
4 0 1

I am setting up products and entering barcodes manually. My question is, whether or not I need to include the spaces when entering the barcodes of my products? Or if that matters at all?

Example:

8 83444 04119 4

or

?

Thanks.

Kasper

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
8 0 3

Hey Kasper,

It's up to you whether or not you want spaces. The barcodes will work fine with or without them.

If you're using the Barcode Printer app to print your labels, it will always use the "Code 128 Auto" format for the barcode, so it won't be a UPC or EAN barcode. If you want the barcode in another format, you can create a custom template.

Hope that answers your question!

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

I came to know after I read this post that is there are lots of types of barcodes any ways great job. I hope you will post like this next time.

marketing manager
0 Likes