Hopefully this is a one-time problem.
I received my 7ci barcode scanner on wednesday and updated all my inventory with barcodes in the Product edit screen and printed barcodes out too. Synced the scanner with my iPad in iOS mode, everything worked great.
I came to the shop today and suddenly most barcodes were not recognized by POS - the red error message popped down. I reset and re-paired the scanner, quit the app, same problem. I switched the scanner to "keyboard mode" to verify what the barcodes said and they were all correct when scanned into Notes.
In the Shopify backend, all of my product variations had the correct barcode typed in. Again, it was puzzling that seemingly 95% of my barcodes didn't work, yet a few still did - no major changes were made in the backend previously. And the barcodes did appear in the backend like normal for each variation - just that the POS didn't recognize them.
To fix the problem I had to go through each variation and re-save them on my iPhone Shopify app - nothing else worked. But just going into the variation and saving it (without changing anything) then closing the POS app on the iPad and re-opening, the barcodes now worked.
If this happens every day, this is obviously a problem and I just spent $400+ on barcode printer and scanner for nothing.
I have never seen anything like this happen. I took a look at your barcodes and it seems like you are using alphanumeric codes with hyphens. When we designed the implementation for numeric barcodes. If this keeps happening (I don't see why it would though) then a switch to numeric barcodes might be worth considering.
Hope this helps,