Been using the POS sustem for 6 months - need advice to make it work better for us.

Highlighted
Tourist
16 0 1

We have been using the Shopify POS system for almost 6 months in our retail store. Here are our issues/questions.

We have a Shopify website that lists hundreds of items divided into a dozen categories. These are not items that we sell in the retail store. Ou website and our retail store are very separate with virtually no crossover.

In the retail store we sell thousands of small items that can be listed into about a dozen categories

For the last 6 months we have only used the 'custom sale' button when we ring something through the POS system at the store - because we are not picking items from the window on the screen (the hundreds of items that we only sell on our website).

We would like to add a new RETAIL category that lists a dozen general products that we can choose from when we are ringing items through at the till - general products like 'soap', 'jewelry' etc. But we don't want these items to show up on our website. AND we want these items to show up on the first page of thumbnails on the POS system (so that we don't have to search/scroll through hundreds of items.)

It might be easier for me to talk to someone at Shopify POS but I can't find a direct phone number and I have found that the information that I am getting from the general Shopify help line is not sufficient, or always accurate, when it comes to POS info.

Thank you for helping us with this.

You may suggest we link our POS system to a brand new account - fair enough - but I'd like real advice/info on this. please.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
329 0 35

Hello Fiona,

Its always great to hear the experiences of customers after they have used the software for a bit. Thanks for sharing your perspective.

I think I understand your issue, and possibly a way to help.

Are you asking to show some items of your shop online only, and some on the POS? Possibly with a few products for sale on both channels? 

This can be done at the very bottom of the Add product screen. Here is a bit more information: http://docs.shopify.com/manual/your-store/products/create-product#visibility

Does this accomplish what you're trying to get done?

Take care,

Alex

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
16 0 1

Thank you Alex,

This was exactly the answer I was looking for. Looking forward to making this happen in the next few days.

Fiona

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
329 0 35

Wonderful Fiona, glad to hear it.

Have a creative week, and don't hesitate to get in touch with our team :-)

0 Likes