Boycott POS PRO!!!

Highlighted
Excursionist
16 0 26

I'm outraged that Shopify has created a "new" POS system that is more than double the cost for existing retailers! There are now only 2 options - one for markets and pop-ups (POS lite) and one for the BIG BOYS (POS PRO). Nothing in the middle for us little retail shops who simply cannot afford to add another monthly cost - especially this year of all years! Now there will be 2 classes of people and the small retail stores will be second class citizens. Calling on the big guys to help us out here and refuse to shell out another $89 a month for POS PRO! 

#shameonyoushopify #boycottpospro 

Highlighted
Excursionist
14 0 7

Just a reminder it's not $89 per month. Add the business plan at $79 per month.

$168 per month

Highlighted
Excursionist
16 0 26

oh i know. that's why i said "another $89". and for us in Canada we get charged in USD. plus we pay our local provincial sales tax on top of that. Also in USD!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
23 0 20

Should just give us choose between three option:
1. Stay at POS Classic
2. Go to New POS Lite
3. Go to New POS PRO

They just simply take away the first option and force us to third option........really bad with $89
Shopify  should just maintain the POS Classic for those want to stay

Highlighted
1 0 2

I completely agree.   They have also been very unhelpful in providing support.  I set up a call time and never received a call.  The best offer was downgrading my Shopify plan but the added credit card processing fee per order makes the $29 plan more expensive than the $79 plan.  

The lack of customer support and huge jump in cost is unacceptable.   I can only hope POS Lite provides the services I'll need because my small store  certainly doesn't need all of the features of POS Pro.

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
190 15 54

Hi, everyone.

My name is Olivia and I am part of the Shopify Team.

We thank you for sharing your thoughts and feedback with us, and I further wanted to direct you to this thread on the All-new Shopify POS. This will help us ensure all feedback is kept organized in one thread, and that we don't miss any of your comments.

Please continue to engage with us there should you have any more feedback to provide.

Warm regards,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes