Can you add a cost plus 10% button for employee purchases on Shopify?

Msully2021
Visitor
3 0 0

Hello, 

How can I create a button for employee purchases that allows us to charge the employee Cost + 10% on top of that?  Is that possible?

Thanks

Replies 4 (4)

Propero
Shopify Partner
895 101 160

@Msully2021 ,

So if I understand correctly, you would like separate pricing for employees right? You may have to tag them as a employee customer and the customize product page to show them a collection where all items are priced this way. You can also prevent general user from ordering this item. Conceptually this is same as providing a different wholesale pricing

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like or Click Accept as Solution
To hire: email us at shopify@propero.in
checkout our app https://apps.shopify.com/picamaze
Msully2021
Visitor
3 0 0
Thanks!
OK, next question. How can I designate any individual as an "Employee" vs. just a walk up customer when they have access to all the same products that a walk up customer can buy? We have 100 employees, I don't want to have to load all the names into Shopify, or is that the only way this can be accommodated?
For example, no matter what they buy can I just select them as an "Employee Sale" somehow, which would then allow staff to access the proposed button that would finalize the sale at Cost + 10%?
Propero
Shopify Partner
895 101 160

@Msully2021 ,

Frankly speaking a better solution would be to give employee a Discount Coupon which will only work if they have an email if from a particular domain while checking out.

So instead of working on cots plus ...work on price minus if that make sense. 

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like or Click Accept as Solution
To hire: email us at shopify@propero.in
checkout our app https://apps.shopify.com/picamaze
Msully2021
Visitor
3 0 0
It makes sense, but I'm not sure that will work- how would employees get an email on the fly if they are just walking up to the counter to buy something? The discounted sales I am trying to accommodate here are in person sales in front of a cashier. Price minus does make sense to me, but our company wants to go Cost + 10%.