Can no longer search all products in POS

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

Hi there,

I've opened my shop this morning and not all products are searchable from the POS app. For example if I type a particular vendor name into the search bar in the app only two of that vendor's products appear, if i click the collection button I have associated with that vendor all of the vendor's products appear. I've checked that all of the products are available on POS, I don't know what else to try? At the moment we're having to put sales through as custom sales, which is very time consuming and an inventory issue.

Thanks

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

We have had the same issue since Saturday and it is causing a lot of issues around custom sales and inventory management too.

0 Likes
Highlighted

What about when you search the product's exact name or when you scan the barcode? Does the same problem occur?

Maybe the products haven't been synced, you can try clearing cache to pull in new codes.

ConnectPOS - Shopify POS app for PC, Android, iOS, omnichannel retail, inventory control.
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

We have also been having the same issue since last week. I was told to log out completely of the POS app and turn off the iPad then turn back on and log back in, it does seem to bring the products back on again, but I’ve had to do it a couple of times as products still keep disappearing. The issue only seems to happen with one particular brand though?!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

The exact name doesn't return results but scanning the barcode works fine.

I was told it is a known issue with product syncing. The workaround is to clear the shopify app data in the iOS settings menu, you'll then have to log in again and this forces a product sync.

We've had nothing but problems with shopify POS, every update seems to bring more bugs. As someone who has worked in software development for 15 years I am baffled at how some of the recent bugs got through Shopify's QA. The last one a couple of weeks ago meant that the barcode scanner and receipt printer stopped working after every transaction and the app had to be restarted. How does that get through QA?!

The fact that they want us to pay $90/m for it is crazy!

I'm going to be looking for alternatives this weekend. 

1 Like
Highlighted

Well, their recent updates seem to fix many problem. I think their QA team is still working on major issues, just not so quickly.

ConnectPOS - Shopify POS app for PC, Android, iOS, omnichannel retail, inventory control.
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Same issue here started today, alongside receipts not always printing and card reader bouncing payments. I would be interested to know what other POS you are considering ? Wasting so much time on trying to fix the issues 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

I thought I was the only person who has so many issues with the POS!

Is there a better alternative to shopify? I run my website through it.

0 Likes
Highlighted

I had a similar problem come up when I was trying to work out exactly what was left in my inventory. I know that there are some hiccups since more people are using their POS systems due to COVID, but I’m hoping that they get fixed in their next update (which should be soon, from what I’ve seen).

SaleHelpr.com
Helping Shopify Store Owners make sales using website notifications with just 1 line of code. A trustnote family web app.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
20 0 9

As of today, I am having the same issue. I notice it on all of the items I don't have a UPC scan code on.  We have always just done a search in the POS to bring them up and it worked just fine until today.  It absolutely won't come up no matter what we do. We can see them in order histories only.  I updated the iPad yesterday, have updated the POS app so it is current, rebooted the iPad, re-logged in, and nothing.  This is SO frustrating since we have also been having difficulty with the tap & chip readers.  It is becoming cumbersome.

0 Likes