Can't Add New Products To New POS

Highlighted
Excursionist
34 1 6

Strange problem that has appeared this week. We've had a webstore for about a year with a lot of products on it - all working fine.

Have played with POS in IOS, but not used in shop. However, everything seemed to work fine - searching, orders, stock, variants.

We ordered the hardware and a dedicated iPad to run the POS - been setting it up and test running this week ready for use in the shop from next month.

All was going well, until we noticed some recent products had inconsistent data with the Admin - ie a product with no variants and 5 in stock in Admin shows on POS as 74 variants and 173 in stock.

We then found that new products weren't recognised when their barcode was scanned. 

Within POS - Products, if we select these products they do not show a SKU or Barcode (older products do).

Stranger still, when searching, the new products will be returned in POS, but when selected, the message No Results Found For "xxxxx" is displayed.

You can view the product in POS if not searched but selected from the product list.

Any new product added through Admin displays these symptoms. POS is unusable.

Have logged with Shopify but still awaiting a reply. Bit annoying considering the financial and time costs in setting all this up...

Has anyone else experienced this issue, or have any thoughts on resolving?

I tried loading POS on another iPad and this showed the exact same issues so I don't think this is a local app issue. Seems to be more fundamental to Shopify not synchronising products between Admin and POS. I tried to roll-back to 'classic POS' but this hung on the importing data screen so I couldn't test this. Will try this again on the other ipad with a fresh install.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 2

I am facing the same problem.
As a result of various tests, it seems that the more products that are released to the POS, the more likely the symptom will appear.

I'm currently using an iPad pro 10.5" (iPad pro 2nd generation Apple A10X Fusion)
The number of products published at the POS is approximately 9,000.

This meets the requirements listed within shopify help.

"iPad Pro 10.5" Number of products 20,000"
https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/sell-in-person/pos-classic/faq

However, it's very common to get errors like KingsStat describes.

Even if I'm reading an item at the POS in one case, when I proceed to the payment screen, I may get an error.

It seems to me that there is a synchronization mismatch with the product database inside the app.
Because when you register a new customer from [myshopify.com/admin/] you'll see
It will soon be searched and displayed within the POS as well.

Even then, when I publish a product to the POS from [myshopify.com/admin/], it doesn't show up in the POS app at all.

How long has KingsStat been publishing products to the POS?

If you're like me and have about 9,000 registrations, I think you'll have to wait for Shopify to fix it.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
34 1 6

We're also using Ipad pro 10.5"

We only have 6-700 products, but some are maxed out (ie 100) variants.

We've been using Shopify for about 1 year, but only started using the POS in the last few weeks.

Issues arose within days. No official solution currently, but we are now able to add new products. 'Problem' products required us to delete the barcode and save. Then re-enter the barcode and save again. Reset POS and the products worked again.

Had a couple of rogue products since, but much improved on original situation.

Assume Shopify are working on this - had 1 message saying they were. And 5 messages asking for my feedback on their service...

Highlighted
Excursionist
34 1 6

Update from Shopify this evening. There is an update to POS app which addresses issues with product, variant and inventory syncronizing. Let’s hope this fixes things!

if it does, then due credit to Shopify for a relatively quick fix, even if communication was a little light. 

we’ll update and test this tomorrow. 

Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 2

Thanks for the status report.
If we can collect various bug reports, it will help us improve shopify. I will do various verifications and post again here.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
34 1 6

Seems to have settled down generally since POS update.

We still get the occasional 'barcode not recognised', but have found removing, saving and re-adding the barcode usually resolves this issue. POS usually also requires a restart.

Still get occasional issues but certainly nothing near the problem we initially experienced. Assume this was a back-end problem that Shopify have now identified and addressed.

Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 2

New bug report.

There are two products "Ballpen A" and "Ballpen B" that are only available online.

When I scan the barcode for "Ballpen A" in ShopifyPOS, the item appears and goes into my cart, even though I haven't published it to the POS.

However, when I go straight to the checkout screen, an error appears and I cannot pay for the item.

In order to make a payment, I need to go back to the cart screen and remove the "Ballpoint Pen A".

Also, "Ballpoint Pen B" will not appear on the POS when the barcode is scanned.

At first glance, they both have the same condition, but there are a variety of products that have symptoms and those that don't, and it's unclear why.

The reason for this is unclear. It is probably because ShopifyPOS and Shopif are not synchronized with each other.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 2

I contacted support for the latest information on the number of products.

And they responded.
The new ShopifyPOS no longer has a limit on the number of products!

They will also be able to report this thread to the engineering team as well.
Let's wait for improvement.

"Thanks for reaching out — while there is absolutely no limit to the number of products you can make available to Shopify POS, there is always the chance that you may experience degraded performance as you add a increasingly higher amount of products. This, however, is not always the case, and you may be able to use Shopify POS with all of your products without issue.

The all-new POS has come a long way since POS Classic, and we have done a lot to streamline performance for massive catalogues of products. The important thing to note is that there is no hard limit — you can add as many products as you want to POS. Your catalogue of 50,000 products should work just fine on Shopify POS, as long as you are running the all-new POS."

0 Likes