Card Reader question?

Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

I have the tap and chip reader and it's terrible. It never works. Is the chip and swipe reader better? What does everyone use for taking payment?

Right now most of the time I have to manually put in people's cards. I would like to switch to square because I like how that looks but it doesn't seem like it integrates.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Since updating to the new POS app the chip and swipe do not work for us. And of course Shopify has removed the ability to talk to someone so the 6 new readers we just purchased are useless. Will not being using their POS system much longer 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

What are you going to switch to?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

I have the same issue, payments over contactless threshold are a nightmare. I have an old iZettle card reader so have set up that as a payment option. I have to put the amount into the iZettle app outside Shopify and then mark as sold on the POS to get a receipt. Which sometimes prints and sometimes doesn’t.....it’s a pile of poop to be honest 

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

We have the exact same issue!  I purchased 2 tap & chip readers and we've never been able to get either of them to work.  And now after the POS update, we can't get our 2 old (usually trusty) swipe & chip readers to work.  We've tried EVERYTHING!  Shopify has given us instructions and we follow them exactly but it doesn't fix anything.  When someone inserts their card, the screen doesn't move.  We have to manually type in every single card order.  We are beyond frustrated at this point since it's been happening for weeks now.  Anyone have ideas for what to try as an alternative solution?  Thanks!

0 Likes