Checkout language not working on POS receipt

Highlighted
17 0 0

Hi! 

I have my checkout language set to Norwegian, as one of the options are. 
However, there are some translations that are not showing, especially on the receipt - both on email and on the POS receipt. Examples are "price" and "item" and "VAT" which all have been translated, but are english on my receipt. 

Any chance I could get some hints on what to do with this? 

Best regards, 
Beate Siljan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
233 0 28

Hi Beate,

Unfortunately the checkout language in Admin settings only applies to your e-commerce checkout. Shopify POS is compiled code on the iPad so we cannot use the same system to translate the checkout. Currently, the only part of Shopify POS that is available for translation are the printed receipts. They are available in German, French, Spanish and Portuguese. They will automatically print in these languages if your iPad language setting is set to them.

0 Likes
Highlighted
17 0 0

Ok, thank you for your answer. However, none of these languages will do unfortunately. 
Is this something you are working on? I know other POS apps offer this, also to get our logo on the receipts. 
Our card reader also prints receipts in the correct language, with more options as well. It looks quite unprofessional to have the receipts half Norwegian and half English. This cannot be a too complicated issue, if my card reader (iZettle) can offer this also on an ipad app? 

Best regards,

Beate

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
9 0 1

Hello Beate,

We now offer the option of adding a logo to your receipt. Additional languages support is still in the process – we'll let you know as soon as we begin offering this service!

UX Researcher | Shopify
0 Likes
Highlighted
17 0 0

Ok, that is excellent. How do I go about doing this? 

Best regards,

Beate

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
9 0 1

Hello Beate,

Here's the instructions on how to add a logo to your printed receipt: http://docs.shopify.com/pos/operating-pos/app-settings/general#display-logo

Let me know if you have any other questions!

UX Researcher | Shopify
0 Likes