Chip Credit Cards & Belgium availability

maunoxyd
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Hi,

Can you just tell me if the POS service is available in Belgium?

And, as all cards have chips here, if your system works fine with chip and pin code credit cards?

Many thanks,

Manuel

0 Likes
Andrea_B1
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
67 0 4

Hey Manuel!

It's possible to use our POS system anywhere around the world. The only thing is that our card swipers will not work in countries other than the US and Canada at this time. You would be able to source your own hardware using the model numbers from our list of approved hardware but will ultimately need to run the payment terminal alongside the POS. Here's the general breakdown of the order process : 

1. You put the items in the cart on the POS and then proceed into the checkout
  2. Process payment on the external terminal with the customer's card
  3. Once approved, in Shopify POS, select the payment method used ("External Credit" for example)
  4. Complete the checkout

The terminal and Shopify wouldn't be linked in any way (as they are two separate systems), but they would be running in tandem. You can get an external gateway through some banks in your area. I would recommend reaching out to them to see what services are available in Belgium.

Andrea M | Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com | 1-888-746-7439

0 Likes
Kim_Van_Asbroec
1 0 0

Hi Manuel,

I'm facing the same situation here in Mechelen, Belgium (trying to use POS and finding a gateway). Could you please help me out, did you get it done? What would you suggest me to do? Does it work for you ad the moment? 

GRS,

Kim

0 Likes
maunoxyd
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Hey Kim,

No I ended using sumup.be without shopify.

You could buy one of the listed devices there under Europe: https://docs.shopify.com/pos/about-pos/get-the-right-shopify-pos-hardware/external-credit-card-termi...

Cheers

0 Likes