Close Shift - cash drawer opens too late

Kim_Eriksen1
Pathfinder
111 0 59

When clicking close shift the cash drawer doesn't open - key is needed to count the cash.
When finished... it opens - or it clicks because it was already open.

I think cash drawer should open immediately after clicking close shift.

/Kim
Morfars.dk

0 Likes
Andrew_Paliga
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
233 0 29

Hi Kim,

Thanks for the feedback. Are you using the 1.0.4 version? The cash drawer should be opening when you close your shift in that update.

0 Likes
Kim_Eriksen1
Pathfinder
111 0 59

Hi Andrew,

Yes, we are on 1.0.4.

When I click CLOSE SHIFT the cash drawer does not open... I need it to open to count the cash.

/Kim

0 Likes
Andrew_Paliga
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
233 0 29

Hi Kim,

We tested it out here and the cash register was opening for us when we were pressing "close shift". Are you connected to a LAN Star Receipt printer? Does your cash drawer open every time you make a sale?

0 Likes
Joshua_Thomas1
2 0 0

I am having the same issue. The drawer does not open until after we enter in the total amount of cash in the drawer and how much we are leaving in the float. It would be helpful if it opened once you close the shift. 

The drawer also opens on every cash sale from an iPad that is connected to the printer. Is there a way to turn that feature off?

0 Likes
Andrew_Paliga
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
233 0 29

Thanks Joshua, I'll take another look.

The drawer also opens on every cash sale from an iPad that is connected to the printer. Is there a way to turn that feature off?

Why would you not want this?

0 Likes
Joshua_Thomas1
2 0 0

We have a person who walks around the store with an iPad for sales, cash and credit. For the cash sales, they hold onto the money until they return to the register. It can become confusing when the drawer keeps opening for those sales. We need it connected to the receipt printer though for customers who may need a receipt. It also becomes a security risk when the drawer opens even if the sale is taking place in another part of the building. 

0 Likes
Andrew_Paliga
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
233 0 29

Thanks Joshua, we will see what we can do about this.

0 Likes
Andrew_Paliga
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
233 0 29

Do you need receipts printed from these remote iPads? You can turn off automatic receipt printing on a per-device level. This way, the cash drawer will only open if you print a receipt.

0 Likes