Combining my physical boutique to Shopify website

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hey y’all! I’ve searched until I’m just confusing myself even more. I’m working on a website for my clothing boutique. I sell lots of clothing through facebook/Instagram alone but would like to offer customers an easier way to shop by purchasing through a website. I allow customers to hold unpaid items for 48 hours, I’m unsure how to do this when i launch my website because i don’t want to over sell my inventory. In store i use Shopify POS. When someone purchases items through social media, we send an invoice using PayPal and then complete the sale by processing it through the POS and marking it sold and then it takes it out of inventory. 

Any and all pointers will be greatly appreciated. Thank you  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
190 15 54

Hi, @hayleess!

Olivia here from the Shopify Team. I appreciate you reaching out and posting your question in our community.

I noticed you may have found a solution in an older thread, but it's always a good idea to start a new thread if you have further questions to make sure it doesn't get missed. For any new visitors, let's go over the best way to reserve your items for customers.

Built-in Solution

Shopify lets you create draft orders to reserve items so that no other customers are able to check it out within that time frame. Take advantage of this in step 6 below:

App Solutions

During my research, I also found there are a couple of apps that you might appreciate to help put your items on hold. Check these out below:

I trust that one of these options will work for you, but please let me know if you run into any problems or have follow-up questions.

Warm regards,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes