Complete Draft Order on Shopify POS (missing feature?)

Max_Sadlowski
Shopify Expert
55 1 24

@Mike_L1 Unfortunately, from what I understand from discussions with Shopify, this functionality is not going to be baked in to POS in the near term. 

We were the first to build an app that solved these issues and developed this solution back in 2018. Since then have invested a lot of time and energy into making the app better, faster, supporting more features, and generally working better with the new POS. While $15 a month may seem like a lot, keep in mind that Shopify takes 20% clean off the top. Also, this is a niche app, its not something that all POS users need so uptake isn't as high as other apps. This means fewer people to share fixed costs like initial development and updates. When other developers come in and position a near duplicate of the app, that further waters down the amount of people that use an app and means there is less efficiencies in solutions. 

With all this said, I completely understand that its a lot to many businesses, but my hope is that at $180 a year it is proving to save you more than a 6 hours hours of work/errors/headaches. 

We are working on adding a host of new features to Draft Order for POS and would love to hear what could help further to make your POS work better for you, so feel free to reach out as well. 

Max Sadlowski - CEO - BentoSMB - Shopify Expert
SJBW
Tourist
5 0 9

Hi Max, can I save a cart with your app?

0 Likes
Max_Sadlowski
Shopify Expert
55 1 24

Hey @SJBW Yep, you simply open the app and save a new draft with what is in the cart. Everything get put into the draft and then you can recall it any time after that.

0 Likes

Max, 

We often let customers take items home for 24 hours too make sure they fit. Often times they come back keeping 2 items and returning 2 of the 4 items they took on "approval".  However, we may have an online sale for one of the items that evening and I only have one in stock and the customer (who took it on approval) decides to keep it and then I have to refund the online order.  Does your app take it out of inventory to alleviate the problem of overselling?

Also,  when the customer returns items can they also add items to the same ticket? 

0 Likes
Max_Sadlowski
Shopify Expert
55 1 24

@mtolleson Thanks for the details. This is a very specific use case. The draft order system does not deduct inventory, as it functions just as a draft order does in Shopify by default so we cannot associate inventory unfortunately. 

0 Likes