Create Orders within the Shopify App / POS

Knut_Brouwer1
Tourist
8 0 4

Hello,

I'd like to make a suggestion - the Shopify App & POS app are great if you have your product in person to give the customer at Point of Sale. But if youre like us, you have all your product in a warehouse somewhere.

It would be awesome if the option to enter a shipping address in the POS app was available. You could sell products at Point of Sale, and then have it ship from your warehouse. (Obviously, its similar to a site, but if its within the POS app...you can swipe their CC with the reader and its more efficient).

Thanks for the consideration!  

0 Likes
Alëna_Iouguina
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
9 0 1

Hey Knut,

Really appreciate you reaching out about this. Ability to add shipping to an order is present on our iPad POS app but is still missing from our iPhone POS app. Here's what the function looks like on iPad POS, let me know if this is what you were referring to:

UX Researcher | Shopify
Knut_Brouwer1
Tourist
8 0 4

Yes that's what I am suggesting for iPhone App. It would be great if it was available on the iPhone POS App, because you always have your phone with you and can make a sale.  

Scott_Lacy
2 0 0

Yes, we need this feature. My company is in a similar situation. We run pop-up stores and only carry samples with us. We ship orders to the customer since we don't carry inventory around to pop up stores.

0 Likes
Alëna_Iouguina
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
9 0 1

This makes a lot of sense. Scott, how do you place orders and ship products to your customers currently (to by-pass the lack of shipping functionality on iPhone POS)?

UX Researcher | Shopify
0 Likes
Scott_Lacy
2 0 0

Our first 3 sales people (who also own part of the business) use personal ipads. 

We want to scale, but not all potential new salespeople will be able or willing to purchase an ipad. We cannot also not afford to purchase Ipads for them, though we may give a % subsidy.

But, everyone has a smartphone already. We plan on having salespeople use personal smartphones/iphones and including somekind of "lease" or terms and condtions in the commission structure for the use of their personal phone for business sales.

The functionality would enable us to scale quickly and much more cheaply.  

From shopify's standpoint, Shopify stands to gain a lot more transaction from me and my sales people if Shopify adds the functionality for shipping from smartphones. 

Please note, I'm referring to custom ship amount functionality in addition to the tie-in's with major carriers. We do a lot of manual entry shipping b/c we ship from Thailand via Thai Post and USPS rather than UPS/DHL b/c it's cheaper. 

0 Likes
Alëna_Iouguina
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
9 0 1

Thank you, Scott! Also saw your reply to Dylan about the manual shipping price – very similar to Knut's workflow. I'm making sure your requests are logged and communicated to design and engineering teams. I'll let you know when we begin development and would love to get your opinions throughout the process. 

UX Researcher | Shopify
0 Likes