Custom receipt

Highlighted
1 0 1

Is there any way I can add a variable to the receipts that Shopify POS produces?

It's the best iPad POS system I've used so far, but I need to display certain customer information (customer name, company name etc.) on the receipts and I can't find a way of doing that.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
233 0 27

Hi Edd,

That functionality is only available for the email receipt as of now. You can do so by editing the liquid template under Settings -> Notfications -> Store Receipt.

What is the use case you are looking to solve?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Pathfinder
111 0 59

+1 for more customization.

Localization issues:

1. Address in top: City/Country/Zip - we use Zip/City/Country.
  2. Phone: XXX-XXX-XXXX - we use XXXX XXXX
  3. Item, price, cash, change due, date, employee, order - all needs translation option.
  4. Tax, we need to show the tax on the receipt. (even if we use "all my prices are including tax)

/Kim
Morfars.dk

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
10 0 3

The translation is really crucial to make things work in our store. Is there any news here ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
465 0 35

Also adding basic graphics to it would be nice.

Trevor www.carlowseo.com
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
233 0 27

Thanks for the feedback everyone,

We are looking into the details of localization and prioritizing it in our roadmap. Will keep you posted.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
18 0 6

Graphics would be great. The ability to drop in a jpg would be a good start.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
52 0 43

The lack of customer info on a receipt is an oversight.  Many businesses want that.

A barcode on the receipt to pull it up in the future is pretty standard and is missing here.

Price override would be nice to have.

I need to be able to add an item serial number at POS that appears on the customer's receipt.  Doesn't seem to be away to do that.

The integration with online store is a very nice feature to have, but at $49 extra a month to have it with no POS receipt customization could be a deal breaker.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
233 0 27

Hi Harold,

Thanks for the feedback.

The lack of customer info on a receipt is an oversight.  Many businesses want that.

What info are you looking for specifically? Name/email or also address information?

A barcode on the receipt to pull it up in the future is pretty standard and is missing here.

This will be added soon.

I need to be able to add an item serial number at POS that appears on the customer's receipt.  Doesn't seem to be away to do that.

Our email receipt template is fully customizable. You can add product serial numbers on a per item basis. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
52 0 43

The amount of customer info should be customizable by the vendor.  Name, email, phone, and address should all be available.

Price overrides (variable pricing) are crucial in a retail, brick and mortar setting.

I'm not sure what you mean that by adding the serial number to the email template.  I need to add a product's serial number (this is separate from SKU and barcode) at the point of sale and needs to print on the printed receipt.  In a brick and mortar retail setting, the printed receipt is far more important than the email receipt and the email receipt should be identical to the printed receipt.

0 Likes