Customer View

JPCancino
Tourist
9 0 3

For us it’s working ok.

We setup the iPad and Tablet to not turn off screen automatically, then it’s work all day. When it is disconnected, then we close Shopify POS in the iPad, Open it again, enter to Customer View configuration and it Pair again automatically most of the time.

it’s not big issue now, but we don’t know how much time the tablet screen will work staying always on. 

0 Likes
Randall_Barbour
Tourist
8 0 2

"wait patiently".  Um, over two years is being VERY patient.  It's never worked for us more than an hour.  Then it freezes up.  Sometime it won't even pair.

PLEASE SOMEONE DEVELOP A WORKING - BETTER APP FOR THIS.

0 Likes
keversmcgee
Tourist
9 0 1

Okay. I jumped the gun and bought a Samsung Galaxy Tablet A8 from Best Buy since it was on sale $119. I figured I'd try it since Best Buy has a pretty good policy. So far this has been working for us (minus the latter part of the day where it froze). 

I did the trick where you just ensure both your iPad and Tablet stay away and not sleep. We are only open for 5 hours of the day, so it did work for like 4.5 hours. 

There is also a bug in the UI where it would you show you it's discounted, but not really. 

Really wish Shopify would work on improving this ASAP.

0 Likes
Randall_Barbour
Tourist
8 0 2

(minus the latter part of the day where it froze).   This is exactly the problem.  It freezes up after some amount of time.  Sometimes a very short time.  No way to get around that this is a very poorly written application.  Obviously, Shopify doesn't care.  Our business is almost 100% in person brick and mortar.  If someone can provide details for it working a full business day without hanging, I'd like to know exactly what tablet you use.  I'd buy the one keversmcgee  mentioned except he also mentions the app still freezes.  What do you do if it freezes and a customer is standing there?  We ended up putting the I-pad on a spinning platform so the checkout person can spin it around to show the customer.  A bad work-around to a software issue for a package we pay over $1000/year for now.

0 Likes
KobeRibbon
Tourist
10 0 3

We using a Fire HD 8 Plus tablet.
It rarely freezes.

I also recommend the Wireless Charging Dock.

You can use it with the screen always on, and bearing with ShopifyPOS is quicker since there is no charging cable.

It doesn't support Google Play by default, so you'll have to search for a way to install it.

0 Likes
JPCancino
Tourist
9 0 3

We use Lenovo Tab M7. It's working almost all day, but lately it's losing the battery charge, then it's turn off sometimes. Even when it's pluged in to the charger.

0 Likes