Customer View

Highlighted
1 0 1

Hi all - i just wanted to know has anyone successfully managed to get the customer view to stay connected for more than 20 minutes without having to reconnect it or go through the whole pairing again? Mine connects in fine then suddenly drops even if the IPad or Tablet do not lock themselves. Its highly frustrating after investing in an Android tablet purely for this app.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0

Oh no!   I was just looking at getting that app...  I dont have your answer but would you mind telling me more about how you're integrating it?  I understand that it shows the customer the sale progress in real time but have you found any other apps that are integrated with it?  Perhaps a loyalty program, or customer feedback form?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

We simply quit trying to use it.  It wouldn't connect at all sometimes and would disconnect or get stuck / freeze.  We were told it may need updates for the recently released Shopify upgrade.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

I've tested this on various tablets, and I've found that the app connection is often cut off in the same way.

The only way to solve this problem is to keep the screen display on all the time without putting the iPad and Android devices to sleep.
But even then, sometimes customer-view closes suddenly.

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/sell-in-person/pos-classic/hardware/customer-view

And some of the features listed here are not working either.

Also, there are a lot of errors in the POS app, and it doesn't seem to be very proactive in developing it for face-to-face sales in general.

However, offline is still an important sales channel, and I wish Shopify the best of luck.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Our ipad and android are both set to never sleep.  Customer view still stops / hangs multiple times a day.  We turned off the Android and customer view and have stopped trying to get it to work.  Until someone else develops a better app, we won't have a customer view.  This is a sad reality.  All I want it the customer to see what's on the register side.  We don't any any fancy functions for emailing the receipt etc.  Just show the receipt or at a minimum the totals like an old fashioned register.  It should be extremely simple.  I've since been told the customer view app has not been verified to work with the upgraded / newest release of Shopify POS.  This is the problem with software that allows apps / functions to be developed outside of the primary group.  There's no one to respond to issues with the app.  Other than that, we have been able to get Shopify POS to do what we need (with some caveats).  

0 Likes