Customers entered in PoS.

Cory_McElroy
Explorer
57 0 16

Customers entered into the point of sale are being lost on the point of sale. Also some are appearing twice.

For instance if I take a sale to John Doe. It will show up as a customer and on the order from. Then when I type in John to the customer search it won't find it at all.

Also the first 5 or so customers I entered today are double entries. It shows John Doe Twice on there. 

This is the first day using the PoS in store. The problem is, I've already run into a customer who wanted to buy another item, but I could not pull up her account to associate the sale with it. So I put it in again and It didn't save her info again.

0 Likes
Andrew_Paliga
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
233 0 29

Hi Cory,

Also the first 5 or so customers I entered today are double entries. It shows John Doe Twice on there. 

This appears to be a bug with our "customer preview" list. We will fix it in the next update.

The problem is, I've already run into a customer who wanted to buy another item, but I could not pull up her account to associate the sale with it. So I put it in again and It didn't save her info again.

I'm not sure what happened here. You need to complete the order for customer information to be saved. Is is possible the order was not completed for whatever reason?

Hope this helps,

0 Likes
Cory_McElroy
Explorer
57 0 16

The order was completed, however I am unable to reproduce the bug a day later. It was happening with all orders on the initial day i used the app. 

0 Likes