DYMO printer...need change the direction of the label

Tiffany_Hausdo1
Tourist
15 0 1

Hi! A few weeks ago we received the DYMO Labelwriter 450 and ran a few test labels and it worked perfect. The only problem is the label that came with the printer {an address label I believe} is just a tad too long to use on our price tags. I ordered new labels from DYMO that are for the Labelwriter 450 but there is no place inside Shopify to change the label size {except for small, medium or large in the template area} or the direction the info prints on the label. I was on the phone with DYMO today and they feel {and I do too} that it is a setting issue inside Shopify. 

Where might I find where the label size needs to be changed? I have a MultiPurpose label size medium 1 1/4 x 2 1/4

PLEASE HELP ASAP!!!

0 Likes
Shopify_David
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
64 0 14

Hi Tiffany,

We are close to offering Dymo barcode labels directly from our Shopify POS store that will help make finding the right barcode labels easier. The Shopify barcode app currently supports three standard Dymo label sizes: small (1” x 1”), medium (1” x 2⅛”), and large (1⅛” X 3½”).

If you're looking for further label size support or different label configurations, your label printer comes with software provided by Dymo that will allow you to accomplish this.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
Tiffany_Hausdo1
Tourist
15 0 1

Okay so we are now using the 1 x 2 1/8 label and it's printing TINY! And it worked last week. We've don't nothing different and are using the same laptop as last week. I am attaching a photo. When I go into the software for DYMO that is installed I can print a test label and it is printing correct so it's something with Shopify. I need to print 1000+ labels by Saturday so need this resolved ASAP! 

Thanks 

0 Likes
Derek20
Shopify Partner
133 0 8

I'm assuming you mean the font? For most Dymo's you can easily changed the font size by pressing "Format" , select "Font Size" and "Ok", slecect the font size and then hit "Ok" again.

Hope that helps.

0 Likes
Andrew_Paliga
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
233 0 29

Hi Tiffany, 

What browser are you using? If possible, can you try printing the label using a different browser? This will help us determine if it's a browser specific issue.

0 Likes
Tiffany_Hausdo1
Tourist
15 0 1

Changing the settings (font size or type) in the DYMO program installed on the computer I now way changes how it prints in Shopify...I tried and even had DYMO tech support help with that. Using a different browser does change it either....it does the same for explorer and Mozilla. The weird part is I WAS able to print just fine two weeks ago. Nothing has changed. DYMO said there must have been a change in the barcode app within shopify and I agree. With all this being said it DOES print correctly on my PC at home so I have been forced to bring everything needed to print labels for my inventory home. I'm attaching a photo so you can see what it was printing like and what it is doing now. 

0 Likes
Derek20
Shopify Partner
133 0 8

Ah yes printing from inside Shopify POS via the IPad is a bit finicky. I always recommend printing from a PC.

0 Likes
Tiffany_Hausdo1
Tourist
15 0 1

I'm printing from a laptop not ipad...

0 Likes
Andrew_Paliga
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
233 0 29

Hi Tiffany,

What OS did you have installed on the laptop that didn't work? That's strange that it worked fine 2 weeks ago and now it doesn't. We didn't make any changes to the code on our end. Have you tried restarting your computer? 

0 Likes
Printout_Design
Tourist
28 0 3

With our Printout Designer ( http://apps.shopify.com/printout-designer) you can create labels in any size and batch print them directly from our app. We also support double/connected labels like DYMO 30333 (http://www.dymo.com/en-US/lw-multi-purpose-labels-1-2-in-x-1-in)

Create personalized business documents – invoices, labels, orders & more. http://apps.shopify.com/printout-designer
0 Likes