Dashboard includes POS sales... bug?

Highlighted
Pathfinder
111 0 59

We started using the POS today... and it seems all POS sales are included in the dashboard. So our Conversion rate hit highest ever...

Is this a bug or intended? Mixing web and POS sales does not make sense in the dashboard

I checked the location filter - and the POS orders are marked correctly - but our web orders are not marked. This must be a bug.
It works in Reports though.

/Kim
Morfars.dk

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
959 1 54

Hey Kim!

Currently, this is the expected results of the POS and online shop being used in tandem-- at this time we simply don't separate POS sales from the regular sales in the dashboard. This has been brought to the attention of the developers, and in the future we may have a separation of the two statistics, but for the time being, the dashboard will be the overall sales of your online shop as well as any POS locations.

Matthew Buttler
Guru
Shopify Inc.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Pathfinder
111 0 59

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Ok, doesn't make sense for me. Many of the numbers are useless when mixed. 
Please add my vote to "it is a bug".

:-)

/Kim

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
959 1 54

Hey Kim!

Thanks, I'll let the team know.

Matthew Buttler
Guru
Shopify Inc.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Pathfinder
111 0 59

Matthew, mixing in the top bar of the dashboard is sort of ok. It is in the bar below that it doesn't make sense. 

Example from lower bar: sales is web+POS - but conversion is web.

I have changed my mind from "bug" to "needs to be improved" :-)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
233 0 28

Hi Kim,

You are absolutely right, POS orders should not count towards web conversions. This is actually a bug that only pertains to your shop. It must be the same thing causing your POS orders not to appear in Reporting. We will look into this right away and we'll have a fix for you very soon. 

Thank you very much for bringing this up,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
29 0 6

Hello Kim,

Could you confirm whether you are still experiencing this issue? A few fixes have been deployed since this was reported. When I looked at your Orders/Conversions today, they are not equal-- the difference should be POS sales.

Thanks again!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Pathfinder
111 0 59

Hi Niel,

Not sure there is a bug - it might be me that need a fix ;-)

I just feel it would most logical if the top of the dashboard was ALL SALES and then the second part was ONLINE ONLY (see screenshot below).
-or even better first 2 tabs was online and then a new 3rd one could be added with POS sales.

/Kim

0 Likes