Dealing with existing customer store credit when migrating to POS

Highlighted
Excursionist
20 0 3

Hello, we just switched from Microsoft RMS to Shopify POS. Going live today in store. We have existing customers with store credit balances and would like to capture that information so they can use it. It looks like store credit isn't attached to a customer/person in Shopify. Any ideas on how to do this? We have existing paper gift certificates we've been using for 12 years now - could I issue physical gift certificates to these customers in the amount of their store credit? Anyone else dealt with this? any advice appreciated. 

thanks,

Lisa

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
573 32 90

Hi, @IdealBham.

Tira here, from Shopify Support.

Welcome to Shopify and congrats on going live!

This is a great question. Do you know if Microsoft RMS has an integration with Shopify? The reason I ask, is because sometimes there are apps listed in our App Store that can import data from another software to Shopify. Apps help you customize your store by adding features that would enhance it. Check out our App Store here

You're correct, there isn't a way to add store credit to a customer's profile on the "Customers" page on Shopify. Take a look at our Shopify Community post that covers viewing store credits based on orders, here: Solved: Store credit for a customer. I'm happy to forward this as a request to our team, since it sounds like it would be beneficial to your business. If we do move forward with this, the update will be announced on our changelog or announcements page. Could you please reply with your myshopify.com URL so that I can add your store to our feedback?

You can send out a free gift card to the email address of your customers. Check out our help doc: Issuing gift cards with the steps to set-up a gift card and send one to your customer. I also recommend checking out this blog post on retaining customers using store credit

Let me know if this helps accomplish what you're looking to do!

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
84 2 8

Hi @IdealBham, I'm Neomi from Rise.ai app

We specialized in gift cards & loyalty store credit solutions and we have a solution for you!

With Rise.ai integration with Shopify POS you can reward your customers with store credit based on different triggers like buy X get back Y and many more. The customers can buy and redeem their store credits in the online or in the physical store as one.

For all of your existing customers store credit balance, you just need to send us a CSV with the customers details and balances and we will upload it for you.

For your gift cards, you can send is a CSV file with your gift cards codes and we will upload it to Shopify. If you want to create physical gift cards you can use our bulk gift card tool and create a large number of codes in seconds.

You can read here more about our POS Loyalty solution and our POS Gift Card solution

Check out our listing page and feel free to contact me at info@rise.ai

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
20 0 3
Hi - not sure my reply to the thread went through so replying here as well.

Thank you - I guess we could just issue fresh gift certificates to existing
customers with store credit AND we also have customers with existing
balances on old gift certificates in our old system so I'm hoping we would
be able to do this for their gc balances as well. Can you clarify for me
how physical gift cards work in shopify? We have a big stack of our old
gift certificates which are personalized on nice paper and we'd like to
continue using these as our gift cards. Is there some reason we couldn't
continue to use these? Do we need to specifically use some type of physical
gift card from Shopify? I am seeing how users need to order paper gift
cards from Shopify for $125 and I don't see why we couldn't just use our
existing, branded certificates.

Our shopify store is ideal-bellingham.myshopify.com/
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
84 2 8

Hi again!

Yes for everything!

With Rise, you can upload all of your existing gift card balances using a CSV file with codes and balances and we will upload it to Shopify so your customers can continue to use them.

In the same way, you can create new gift card codes for your branded physical gift cards and keep using them on your online shop or on your brick and motor one.

For the last couple of months, we are working hard to help merchants deal with these uterine times especially to those who had to close their physical store. We partner up with Facebook & Instagram where you can sell gift cards through Facebook using customers’ geolocation, and through Instagram using a "gift card" button on your profile.

This is how it looks at Jonathan Adler’s profile.

WhatsApp Image 2020-05-13 at 09.59.57.jpeg

In addition, we just launch a new Partnership with Google My Business where you can sell gift cards directly from your profile, so people how are looking for you via Google search or Google Maps know they can buy a gift card and support your business.

You can read more about those partnerships in our COVID-19 resource hub under sales channels.

Hope this answer your questions, feel free to contact us with any issue at info@rise.ai

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
20 0 3

Hi Tira - can you tell me if we'd be able to continue using our existing branded paper gift certificates when using the gift card feature in Shopify? I am unclear because it looks like we need to purchase paper gift cards from Shopify for $125 but we do not need those and would like to continue using those we have. Is there any reason we couldn't use the ones we have? Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
573 32 90

I understand that you're looking to use your own physical gift cards, @IdealBham, instead of the ones provided by Shopify. I'm happy to shed some light on this. 

You can absolutely sell and redeem your own gift certificates or any third-party gift cards, instead of using the ones provided by Shopify. You can sell these through using Shopify POS on your store.

You can sell a gift certificate by entering an 8 - 16 digit number on your Shopify POS and following the steps outlined in this help doc: Selling a gift card. As these are third-party gift certificates, you won't be able to scan the certificate with your camera or barcode scanner as you would with a Shopify gift card. To redeem a gift certificate, the process would be the same, you would need to enter the gift certificate's number at checkout. Take a look at our help doc for the instructions: Redeeming a gift card.

Let me know if this helps you accomplish what you're looking to do!

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes