Different Pricing for POS

TAPC
2 0 2

Hi we run both an online store and Brick and mortar. Is there a way to adjust the pricing for POS as we have incorperated some of the shipping costs into the pricing online, and we dont want that in person.

Shopify_David
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
64 0 14

Hi Tapac,

I believe the best way to do this is to duplicate your product (on the product page on the web, top right button) and to create two separate versions - one for web, and one for POS. You would then adjust price and visibility settings appropriately ("visibility" section on product page).

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

David

Kal
2 0 0

Hi David,

That is also what we need.

How do you then organise inventory? Example - you sell a duplicate at bricks and mortar and want your quantity updated for an original product that we offer online automaticaly?

0 Likes
Matt139
Tourist
4 0 2

I did this very thing for my brick n mortar, I duplicated the product then renamed it XYZ PRODUCT Retail so I could differentiate the two.  Seems to be working well so far.

0 Likes
Alyse_Switzer
Tourist
9 0 9

Finally found an app that will help with this and keep the inventory in sync. Wish it was built in shopify too, but in the meantime this will work. Simplesync $10/month and free 5 day trial. 

1. Duplicate the product(s) you want to be both online and on POS. Keep the same sku for both, you can have different prices, tags, types, whatever. I added (POS) to the title of the duplicated ones. Hide the "POS" ones from online, and hide the "online" ones from POS. 

2. They sync the inventory between the 2 automatically. Plus it will restock both in the event of a return. I checked and the sync happens instantly. 

*I have about 4000 - 5000 different products that I wanted to do this with so I exported my products csv and duplicated them myself in excel and then imported them to shopify. Took me approximately 10 mins. 

My only solution before was to open another shopify store (another $29/month) and use an app to sync the inventory between the 2 (approx. another $15/month). A main reason I had switched to Shopify POS was to save money from my previous POS.

John227
Excursionist
13 0 5

Yes, we would love to see a seperate Online store price.

We have over 2,000 skus that we have in-store that we want to sell online, and it would be a disaster to duplicate all of those and maintain inventory.

Alyse_Switzer
Tourist
9 0 9

It seems my original post was deleted, not sure  why but here it is again:

Finally found an app that will help with this. Wish it was built in shopify, but in the meantime this will work. Simplesync $10/month and free 5 day trial.

1. Duplicate the product(s) you want to be both online and on POS. Keep the same sku for both, you can have different prices, tags, types, whatever. I added (POS) to the title of the duplicated ones. The "POS" ones need to be available online but can be hidden in the collections easily. Then hide the "online" ones from POS. 

2. They sync the inventory between the 2 automatically. Plus it will restock both in the event of a return. I checked and the sync happens instantly. 

*I have about 4000 - 5000 different skus that I wanted to do this with so I exported my products csv and duplicated them myself in excel and then imported them to shopify. Took me approximately 10 mins.

0 Likes