Discount Codes

Highlighted
Excursionist
39 0 33

Hi guys,

moving from Vend, we are trying to setup the Shopify POS in our store. One area which isn't quite perfect is the refund with store credit process. As we understand it, one way to achieve this is to issue the customer with a gift card or discount code which is good because then they can use it online or instore. But to achieve this we need to be able to physically give the customer the code - and we cannot see anyway of printing a Discount code from shopify? Any ideas on this? I think being able to create and print the discount would solve this issue (even temporarily until you guys come up with an alternative way to do store credit ;-) )

thanks

Cyril

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
233 0 29

Hi Cyril,

We're currently working on integrating Gift Cards into POS, this will allow you to do exactly what you want to do; create and print gift card codes for customers on the fly.

Right now, the simplest way for our merchants to offer refunds to store credit is to:

1) Refund to store credit and print receipt

2) Sign receipt (optional)

3) Customer uses this receipt as proof of store credit.

I know this is not ideal, however we hope to introduce gift cards to POS very soon Jan/Feb this year.

I hope this helps,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
39 0 33

Hi Andrew,

ok, I think this will work maybe in the short term. As we can often have quite a few and the customer may mislay the receipt we prefer to have a way of checking / looking up store credits, but for the short terms we can probably manage in this way,

thanks

Cyril

0 Likes