Discover Card NOT an Option for External Credit Payment Option

Highlighted
2 0 1

How can I possibly enable Discover Card as an option when choosing "External Credit" on my checkout screen? I have searched everywhere and cannot find the answer. All help is appreciated.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
224 1 25

Hi, Alejandro!

Patrick, a Shopify Guru here :). 

At the moment, the only option available in the external credit are for Visa, MasterCard and American Express. We may add Discover in the future but at the moment, I don't have a timeline for that update. :)

If you have any further questions feel free to contact us support@shopify.com.
Patrick :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
34 0 12

Patrick has kindly answered my original question to my satisfaction, so I've edited this post. Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
224 1 25

Hi, Stephanie!

Patrick again :). 

I'm sorry to hear you're having so much trouble with this, and the CSV's you mentioned in another post. I've sent you an email so we can more about the issues your having.Drop me a line whenever you get the chance. :)
Patrick 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 1

How does a POS not accept all credit card payments, shouldn't it be working, if these issues come up while you're running you're business, it'll be way more detrimental to your business and do more harm than good. Please have solutions for these problems..

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
224 1 25

Hey there!

Patrick, a Shopify Guru here :). 

Sorry about the confusion but our POS system does accept Discover cards as long as your payment gateway does, the problem mentioned above is about the options given on the External Credit. The External Credit option is used to track orders when you're using an external terminal, this only has the option as tracking the card as either Visa, Master Card or American express from the POS app. :)

Hope this helps :)
Patrick

0 Likes