Does Shopify POS use your website receipt template for emailed receipts?

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
169 2 147

Hi There,

Title says it all. Also, if email receipts use a different template, how do you preview your email reciepts?

Cheers

Ben

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1454 88 318

Hey, there! 

Peter here from Shopify Support!

By default, the "POS and mobile receipt" does have the same template as the "Order Confirmation" template which is sent to your customers when they place an online order. While they are the same by default, they are separated into two templates so that you can change the design of both. If you have the default template installed in your store, then your email receipts will look similar to this:

To preview these notifications, you'll want to head over to Settings/Notifications and click on either "Order Confirmation" (online order confirmation email) or "POS and mobile receipts." From there, you can click on "preview" which should load a small window showcasing an example order (as seen above).

These templates are written using HTML & liquid, so if you're not experienced in this field, it would be best to use one of the apps below which can help you create a new design.

If there's anything else I can help with please don't hesitate to reply back and I'll happily help out!

All the best, 

Peter 
Shopify Support

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
169 2 147

Thanks Peter,

Sorry, we're at an event so don't have time to digest your full post.

To confirm, if we haven't modified the default POS receipts, then customers will see our default web recipet when a receipt is emailed - is that correct?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1454 88 318

Hey, again!

Yes, that is correct! By default, your POS email receipts should be the same as your Order confirmation emails. If you're out and about, then you could log in to your Shopify app, and head to Store/Settings/Notifications (under Store Settings) to preview the email templates. 

All the best, 

Peter 
Shopify Support

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes