What is the optimal end of day process for Shopify POS?

Jewelcam
Explorer
48 0 32

Hi, we are preparing the make the BIG JUMP into Shopity POS. 

After talking with Shopify support i feel i need to talk to mom and pop shops that are using this system. 

I would like to know how you do your end of day, what report you print to make sure the money taken in  is accounted for. 

We will have three POS in our store.

• Currently with our outdated but good POS, we do a Z-out, we count cash, and do a batch reaching for the credit cards.
  • Then a store manager gets that tally and they print an end of day report which shows all sales, all payments types and amounts,  all refunds all discounts and they look for any discrepancies with totals
  • Notes are made and cash/checks goes into vault with a despoist slip ready to take to the bank the next day.  

Please let us know what you find is the best way to to the end of day count for your store.

Thank you for your insight. 

Replies 7 (7)

Suricata
Excursionist
20 0 9

Hi there,

Did you get any solution for this? I am in the same position now that you were when asking this question. I need to get an end of day report from Shopify. How did you work this out?

Best regards, Emma

KBetterReports
Shopify Partner
69 0 25

Hi @Jewelcam and @Suricata,

Kritesh here from Better Reports support team.

I believe our app Better Reports may be able to help. We can create a daily report for both sales and transactions. It can include as many or as few details as you prefer like order number, product name, payment gateway etc. or a simple summary of the entire day.

In addition to building custom reports to meet your specific needs, you'll have access to 60+ built-in reports that cover many common use cases for merchants and our reports can be scheduled to send to your email or Google Drive at set frequencies  - like after the close of every day.

I encourage you to install Better Reports and start your free 14-day trial, and I'll be happy to set this up for you. 

Let me know how you go and feel free to reach out if you have any further questions.

Rosaline
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi,

is it possible to make the end of day report using Betterreports for employees using POS Lite?

Jewelcam
Explorer
48 0 32

We never moved to Shopify POS it just does not have what we need as a FULL retail POS.

However, we love Shopify for ecom. 

BetterReportsT
Tourist
18 0 1

Hi Rosaline,

Tiia here from Better Reports.

Yes, Better Reports can help with this type of report!

We can create a daily report for both sales and transactions. It can include as many or as few details as you prefer like order number, product name, payment gateway etc. or a simple summary of the entire day.

Better Reports can be used with any Shopify plan. 

I encourage you to install Better Reports and start your free 14-day trial, and I'll be happy to set this up for you. 

Let me know how you go and feel free to reach out if you have any further questions.

Disclaimer: I am part of Better Reports support team.

Tam6
Visitor
1 0 0

In case anyone else in this position, it seems you can do it via the Shopify app (not the POS app) under analytics 🙂 

BWasham
Visitor
1 0 0