End of business day and sales afterwards

antony8
Tourist
6 0 4

I have two retail shops running Shopify POS & I am having some difficulty regarding the forced “end of business day” time of 12 am.  My stores are open from 9am-midnight seven days a week. The issue I am having is that if a sale is processed at 12:01 am, the accounting for the day lists that transaction amount as an overage because “technically” the sale occurred on the following business day.  This is not a problem when looking at register tracking sessions but only when viewing sales totals for that day via the admin page.  For example, from 9am-11:59 pm, my sales totals equal $1000, and I have 1 customer who is a little late getting to the counter with his transaction of $40 that processes at 12:02 am. While the register session will add that $40 to the current session (until it’s closed), the business day (via the admin panel) as a whole will show a $40 overage for that day & a corresponding shortage for the next day.  Just because the sale occurs after midnight does not necessarily mean it was the first transaction of the following day.  It would be supremely helpful if I could set the end of business for 12:15 am, as Shopify would then group the sale to the correct business day. Currently, I regularly have transactions that are processed after midnight and it is causing my daily accounting to look very sloppy, as days show overages/shortages regularly due to this problem.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies 3 (3)

RBetterReports
10 0 0

Hi @antony8,

Rishika here from Better Reports.

Yes, I would recommend our app Better Reports for this.

We can create a custom field that will consider the day from 12:15 (or any other time) every day, which can help with reconciliation and reporting. This can be done for both sales and transactions.

You can also schedule these reports to be sent automatically to your email or google drive on a daily or weekly basis that can help with the daily accounting.

It Is also possible to export the reports in CSV, Excel or PDF format.

I encourage you to install Better Reports and start your free 14-day trial and I'll be happy to set this up for you.

Let me know how you go, and feel free to reach out if you have any further questions.

Disclaimer: I am part of Better Reports support team.

Beainy
Visitor
1 0 0

i am facing the same problem

antony8
Tourist
6 0 4

No, I haven’t been able to solve this problem. We use Better Reports for many things but I’m needing this to be a problem that’s solved by Shopify. Unfortunately, Shopify support is not extremely helpful & they’ve done little to solve problems experienced by users who are primarily brick & mortar shops. Still waiting.