Entering Product Price at Checkout on POS System

jdlm
Tourist
3 0 1

I help run a brick and mortar store (local-coin-company.myshopify.com) that I recently helped open. We sell coins that have variable prices depending on the current market price precious metals. It's really important to be able to enter in the product price at the time of sale. This missing feature is so critical that we're considering switching back to Square since they do have this feature.

Just throwing another +1 into the bucket hoping this feature gets built.

0 Likes
Tira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
961 57 151

Thanks for your feedback and for your store URL, @jdlm. I can definitely see how having variable pricing on POS would benefit your business. I've added your feedback to our list.

If we move forward with this, we will announce to you and all of our merchants on our changelog or announcements page.  

Cheers, 

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

policenauts
Trailblazer
160 7 25

Hi all, our company has just submitted a POS embedded app to solve this issue. It's currently in review and I will update this thread after it is live in the app store, hopefully many will find it useful. 

policenauts
Trailblazer
160 7 25

Hi all,

I'm happy to share that it was just approved earlier today! You can find it here: https://apps.shopify.com/pos-variable-priced-products-1. If this URL ends up changing, please search for "POS Variable Price Products" in the Shopify App Store.

Here is a short video demonstrating its functionality: https://youtu.be/PGQWpaCf5No?t=83

It also features the ability add tax-exempt line items, adjust inventory, and retain COGS reporting. 

For any merchants who are specifically selling by weight, we also have another app specifically designed for that use case (currently with a 5-star average rating): https://apps.shopify.com/sell-products-by-weight

I'm the founder and developer - if you have any questions or feedback, please feel free to email me directly at hello@filljoy.co.

Best,
Derrick

0 Likes
GiftShopSeattle
1 0 0

Yes this seems like an easy function to add and don’t know another POS system that doesn’t have this function. I’m looking for the same thing.

0 Likes
Tira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
961 57 151

Thanks for your feedback, @GiftShopSeattle. I have gone ahead and added your feedback to our list for this request.

I would love to know more about why this feature is important to you. What POS systems have you looked at before that have this feature? Can you please let me know? I would be happy to add it to our feedback as it helps our developers and myself understand how this would help you move forward with your business. Thank you.

Chat soon, 

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Inamhaque
2 0 0

Such a messy way round for a damn simple requirement.

What is the reason that shopify is not willing to provide this variable price option???

It is such a basic functionality that any who joins Shopify for POS assumes that it must be there already, this is cheating, Shopify in-fact must highlight or inform the customers before joing shopify that shopify does not provide this basic functionality  in POS, I guarantee that their business will be half, they never be able to capitalized half of their sales lead.

It is like having a smartphone without SMS functionality.

0 Likes