Feature Request: Check Gift Card Balance

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
6 0 4

I second this. We need to be able to let the clients check their current balance.

Yes it can be done by adding the gift card to Apple Wallet, and yes it can be done at checkout - not very intuitive though.

contexo.myshopify.com etc. etc.

Highlighted
2 0 3

Agreed. This should be a basic feature -- it's "Gift Card 101". Please make it so, the entire experience needs to be CUSTOMER centric.

korruptlabel.myshopify.com

Highlighted
Excursionist
37 0 31

dresses-boutique.myshopify.com

Highlighted
1 0 2

Hi,

I think having the ability to check gift card balances easily would be wonderful. Also the ability to view the cash opening, closing, and adds to the till each day on reports would be incredible.

Thank you for this consideration!

Highlighted
2 0 2

Yes I ran into this problem yesterday.  The associate couldn't check it on POS app so I took it to the admin to check on the computer.  Associates don't have admin rights and wouldn't be able to check it if I was not around at the time.

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 5

@Kokonuty wrote:

Yes I ran into this problem yesterday.  The associate couldn't check it on POS app so I took it to the admin to check on the computer.  Associates don't have admin rights and wouldn't be able to check it if I was not around at the time.

Agreed.  There seems to be a lot of "basic" retail features that only admins can do - it makes it very difficult for regular sales staff to be able to assist customers using only the POS station.

pgrahamdunn.myshopify.com

Excursionist
14 0 18

One more vote for checking the gift card balance in-store. It is a pretty basic retail feature.

Highlighted
Excursionist
25 0 9

agreed we need this feature ASAP

Highlighted
3 0 5

+1 for allowing customers to check their own gift card balance via web portal!

the-citizenry.myshopify.com

Highlighted
1 0 3

So, it's been almost a year since this issue with gift card services and I don't see where anything has been resolved.  The new version of POS still doesn't seem to adress the gift card balance problem.  Should we hope for an update soon or do I need to start shopping around for a POS system again that can do this for us?