Feature Request: Check Gift Card Balance

Excursionist
14 0 19

Has this been brought to the Retail Team and do they monitor this thread?

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
569 28 188

Hi, @RikkiLeighG and @SpencerCran

Thank you both for reaching out about this. 

I've shared all the previous feedback in this thread with our teams directly, and will continue to do so for new comments, too. With that said, both of your thoughts and concerns have been passed along to our teams. 

While we don't have any updates on this request at the moment, I recommend keeping an eye on our changelog. This is where we'll post any new information we have regarding this request. 

In the meantime though, the best way to determine the remaining balance on a gift card is by looking up the original order where the gift card was purchased on the all-new POS. Here, you'll see the gift card's initial balance, as well as its current balance. If you aren't sure what order number the gift card was purchased on, you can also use the global search feature to locate the customer who purchased the card, and view their past order history to find the order containing the gift card. 

Let me know if you have any questions about this process! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 10

BohoBlu.myshopify.com would love this!

Highlighted
1 0 1

Hello,

The issue with the suggested work around is that we do not give store associates access to shopify only store managers. They are not in the store 24/7 so its still an issue for us a portion of the time.

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 3

soeder.myshopify.com

Highlighted

What a trash solution.

Search the purchaser and scroll through their order history looking for the gift card purchase. 

Trash. Absolute trash. 

Shopify needs to implement a check balance feature, like every other pos service. 

1 year e-commerce, 7 years B&M store. www.shopbraeheid.com
Highlighted
Excursionist
25 0 9

Agreed 

Highlighted
Excursionist
31 0 11

We see it has been over a year since this thread began. The suggestion that the guest bring an order number along with the gift card to check the balance is madness to be polite. I am not sure what we are getting for all the increased charges for the POS. Frankly, to call this a PRO version is laughable.  

Please add us to the list of shops that want this feature. happy-earth-tea.myshopify.com 

Highlighted
1 0 4

Is there an update on us being able to link to a page for our customers to check their gift card balance themselves? Please get moving on this. It's been over a year since merchants have been asking for this and it seems like it should be something that is just logical to have as basic functionality. Looking up orders in a list is crazy. As a small business owner I would appreciate the help in saving me the admin time of having to hunt and peck for such information. Kindly add me to the list of businesses that would appreciate this functionality. It seems sub-par to call it a 'feature'. Thank you!