Gift Card Issue

patriciafinds
Tourist
4 0 0

Thank you so much!! That was it.

0 Likes
cmlcook
1 0 0

Yes!  Thank you for this information - it turned off on the POS at both our shops without us doing anything other than the update. So frustrating, but we appreciate the help.

0 Likes
PamVexuor
Tourist
4 0 2

Hello, I was wondering if you were able to help me with an gift card issue. I am trying to send my customer a gift card with no charge and I do not have the “issue gift card” option. Would you know how I can send a gift card??

0 Likes
patriciafinds
Tourist
4 0 0
I have done this before. Ring it up like a customer is purchasing a gift card and when you get to payment say store credit or cash.
Hope this helps!
0 Likes
Roostcollection
Pathfinder
83 1 40

This happens frequently on updates. Shopify tents to do updates and the setting reset to default.

0 Likes
HKJ
Explorer
61 4 7

There is an "issue gift card" option on the Shopify app (not the POS app). It's under Products - Gift Cards.

0 Likes
BuddiesToys
Tourist
10 0 3
It still sends the gift card automatically to the original purchaser if your system has their cell number or email.

0 Likes
HKJ
Explorer
61 4 7

@BuddiesToys wrote:
It still sends the gift card automatically to the original purchaser if your system has their cell number or email.

That's if you're doing a return, but you can issue the card as a stand alone transaction.

0 Likes
Roostcollection
Pathfinder
83 1 40

@HKJ As a retail business 99% of our transactions go through the POS. The POS has to be able to run all situations through it. Especially when the customer is standing in front of you. And this always seems to happen when multiple customers want to check out.

There is an option buried in the system to disable the notification of the purchaser. But this should either be upfront or automatically disabled if a gift receipt is used.

0 Likes
HKJ
Explorer
61 4 7

@Roostcollection wrote:

@HKJAs a retail business 99% of our transactions go through the POS. The POS has to be able to run all situations through it. Especially when the customer is standing in front of you. And this always seems to happen when multiple customers want to check out.

There is an option buried in the system to disable the notification of the purchaser. But this should either be upfront or automatically disabled if a gift receipt is used.

Where is the option buried in the system?

0 Likes